Garden strawberry Crown is famous for its high yield and excellent taste. With proper care and implementation of all recommendations, harvest of fresh berries can be obtained all year roundgrowing strawberries in a greenhouse or even in a garage. The description and characteristics of this variety are presented below.
Strawberry varieties Corona refers to remontantnymi plants, bringing the harvest several times per season. Usually, fruiting begins in mid-June and ends in early August. With one bush at the same time you can collect up to 1.5 kilograms of berries.Size and shape of strawberry varieties Crown
Bushes of garden strawberries of this variety are compact, with large concave leaves. Peduncles are very strong and powerful, they can easily withstand the fruits that have appeared and do not bend down to the ground. The berries themselves are quite large, on average, their weight is 15-30 grams. They have a conical shape and are painted in a scarlet, red color.
The flesh is sweet and very juicy, with a pronounced aroma. Such strawberries can be consumed fresh or made from various blanks.
Variety Corona tolerates winter frosts and has good resistance to fungal diseases.
Garden strawberry varieties Corona was bred back in 1972 by Dutch breeders on the basis of the selection institute of the Netherlands. Tamella and Induca are considered parental varieties..
Given that this variety has existed for such a long amount of time and has not lost its popularity up to the present, we can conclude that all its advantages significantly overlap the disadvantages.
Dutch crown selection says that the variety is adapted to the climatic conditions of central Europe. From this we can conclude that such a plant will feel good in the central region of Russia.In the south of the country, strawberries Crown can be grown in the open field, and in more northern regions the variety is recommended for greenhouse cultivation.
Bushes can easily overwinter without shelter, the main thing is that the air temperature does not fall below -22 degrees. Also, the crown can be grown in the southern regions of the country.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
- Good yield, allowing you to collect from one bush to 1.5 kilograms of berries;
- High frost resistance;
- Long fruiting periodwhich lasts more than 1 month;
- Taste qualities the fruits are top notch;
- Strong flower stalksdue to which the berry does not touch the ground and as a result does not get dirty;
- Crown not afraid of fungal diseases.
- Berries not suitable for transportation;
- Due to the average density of the fruit pulp stored for a short period time;
- Berries poorly separated from the stalk;
- Variety susceptible to gray rot and many other diseases;
- Bushes can't stand drought.
Strawberry planting and care
Garden Strawberry Crown prefers sunny places, protected from gusty winds and drafts. It is best to plant such a plant in those places where before it grew onions, garlic or legumes. The method of planting and forming beds with strawberries will depend on the region of growth.
In the south, strawberries are planted in trencheswhose depth and width will be 25-30 centimeters. In the fall, six months before planting, dig trenches and fill them with a mixture of humus, wood ash and topsoil. After this, the trench is watered and covered with foil.Strawberry seedlings Crown planted at a wide distance from each other.
In the central region of garden strawberries are grown on higher ground.. To begin with, the prepared site is dug up and for every square meter of soil they make a bucket of humus, half a bucket of sand and 1 kilogram of wood ash. Then proceed to the formation of ridges 80-100 centimeters wide and 10-20 centimeters high.
Orchard strawberries are planted either in early spring before fruiting or after harvesting in August-September.
Putting the Crown adhering to the following recommendations:
- Each individual well is watered with three liters. Kornevin solution;
- The seedling is placed in the fossa so that the heart is level with the ground;
- Then they bury the bush, plenty of water and mulch dry grass or sawdust, while the leaves and the heart must remain intact.
Basic Crown Care Guidelines
Garden strawberry Crown needs timely and regular watering, which perform in accordance with the following rules:
- Immediately after landing Bushes are watered daily, then such works are performed 1 time per week, using 2 liters of water for each plant;
- Strawberries are watered in the morning., warm water, while trying not to fall on the leaves and berries;
- If the weather is cloudy and rainy the number of waterings must be reduced;
- Immediately after watering is recommended loosen the soil and cover it with a layer of mulch.
This variety needs frequent feeding, which is carried out in accordance with a special scheme.:
|In early spring, immediately after the snow||Nitrogen supplement with urea or infusion of weeds, 100 milliliters of which is diluted in 1 liter of water.|
|During the formation of buds||The soil around the bushes mulched swollen manure.|
|Bloom||Under each bush scatter 1 spoon of wood ash.|
|Ripening berries||Bush is sprayed with Tsitovit solution|
|Beginning-mid-August||Chicken droppings or liquid manure diluted in water in a ratio of 1-10.|
|Preparing for the winter||Under each bush make a kilogram of humus.|
Another mandatory procedure for the care of plants will be the timely removal of weeds.
With the onset of cold landings they mulch with a 5-7 cm layer of peat or sawdust, and the top is covered with spruce branches.
Reproduction of the Crown with the help of seeds is a very complex and time-consuming process by which you can get plants that are completely different from the mother shrub. This method is not popular among gardeners.:
- Seeds spread in containers with pre-prepared soil and deepen them by 5 millimeters;
- Then ground gently moistened and covered with glass or filmafter which the container is transferred to a room with an air temperature of 20-25 degrees;
- As soon as the first shoots shelter is removed, and the container is transferred to light;
- With the advent of the first leaflet seedlings swoop in separate tanks;
- Availability of 3-4 real sheets speaks of readiness for transplanting in open ground.
Strawberry breeding is very popular among gardeners.:
- To start choose a healthy and powerful shrubon which there is a strong mustache;
- After the outlet on it it is gently pressed into the ground, then watered and cared for as a seedling;
- With the advent of 4-6 sheets a mustache can be incised, and a small bush can be transplanted to a new place.
Dividing bushDivision of strawberry bush Crown
The easiest way, suitable for adult plants, age 2-3 yearsis called the division of the bush. Strawberries are dug out of the ground and divided into several parts, and each of them must contain a rosette of leaves and developed roots. Independent plants are seated in a permanent place.
Peculiarities of Crown Fruiting
Garden strawberry Crown brings a remarkable harvest, for the preservation of which it is worth considering some features of this variety.:
- The main disadvantage of this variety is that over time, the fruits become smallerand the first wave is much larger than the second. In order to improve this situation, it is necessary to remove all whiskers that are not used for breeding;
- In order to extend the shelf life of their berries must be collected in dishes with holes at the bottom. The best time to harvest is considered to be morning or evening.
Diseases and pests
Garden strawberries often fall under the influence of various diseases and insects. That is why it is very important to know how to deal with ailments and diseases.
|White spot||Bushes are sprayed with 1% solution of Brodsky liquid during budding, 2 weeks later and after collecting the last berries.|
|Gray rot||The affected bushes are treated with iodine solution (5-10 drops diluted in 10 liters of water).|
|Stem and strawberry nematode||In this situation, the only way out is to remove and burn damaged bushes.|
|Raspberry-strawberry weevil||Spraying plants with the drug "Fitoverm" or "Aktara".|
|Cicadas||Adult plants are watered with a strong solution of potassium permanganate, the temperature of which is 65 degrees. For young plants use a cooler solution (45 degrees).|
The following methods are used as preventive measures.:
- Right away after the snow Bushes are watered with a hot solution of potassium permanganate;
- It is not allowed to thicken the landings, so timely remove mustache and sockets;
- Also needed harvest time and get rid of the diseased parts of the plant;
- 1 time per month spend prophylactic treatment Fitosporin and Fitoverm.
The garden strawberry the Crown is one of the best grades for house cultivation. It brings delicious fruits that can be used for various purposes.. Growing plants will be fairly easy if you follow all the recommendations.