Since ancient times, it has been customary to recognize Holland as an exemplary state of floriculture and vegetable growing. No wonder in the world are valued tulips and other flowering crops, as well as vegetables from this country. Potato varieties bred in Holland are also considered among the best in taste and in terms of simple growing conditions, crop yields and disease resistance. But not only Holland succeeded in potato growing. Belarus is also famous for its excellent potato varieties. In Belarus, potatoes - almost a symbol of the nation. Zhuravinka - varietal variety of potatoes, bred in Belarus, recognized as one of the best varieties.
Characteristics of the variety and its features
Zhuravinka - medium late variety. From the day of planting seeds to the digging of tubers, 100 days pass. Varietal variety famous for good yields. This is the main advantage of the variety. According to the characteristic, from one hectare it is possible to collect up to 700 kg potatoes
According to these figures, Zhuravinka can be put on a par with the best potato varieties of Dutch selection. Weather conditions do not have a strong impact on yield.Up to 95% of tubers retain their appearance during transportation
Tubers are well stored and tolerate transportation. More than 95% of the tubers retain their presentation until the spring of next year, without losing their nutritional qualities.
The Zhuravinka variety is highly resistant to diseases, among which are:
- Potato cancer;
- Golden nematode.
Other diseases are also a rarity for the variety.
Characteristics of tubers
Tubers of a varietal variety have features, all of which are different from each other:
- There are rounded tubers and oval-rounded. The surface of the tuber is smooth or rough, embossed;
- The flesh is soft cream with a yellowish tinge;
- The peel has a pronounced red color;
- Small eyes;
- Average Tuber Size - 125 grams, but the largest tubers can weigh up to 300 grams;
- The grade differs in the high content of starch - up to 20%;
- Tubers have good taste. Used for cooking, frying, and cooking chips;
- In the process of heat treatment, the color of the pulp does not change, and the potato itself is well boiled soft.
Distinctive features of shoots and root crops
The escape reaches a height of half a meter. Shoots are upright, rarely deviate to the side. The thickness of the stem does not exceed 1 cm. The leaves have a rounded shape, the color of the leaf plate is dark green. The edges of the leaves are wavy. Along the central vein color is darker. Growth shoots fast.
Inflorescences on bushes appear closer to the beginning of July. They consist of several small flowers of purple color with a reddish tinge.
Medium Root - 125 grams. The surface is usually raised, but may be smooth. The color of the skin is red. The rind is thin.
High yield is the main advantage of the Belarusian variety. From one bush you can collect up to 25 tubers.
Proper care, fertilizer, soil composition and seed quality increase yields.The yield depends on the quality of the seed.
Bred in Belarus together with farmers from Russia more than a decade ago. Patented varietal variety Zhuravinka in 2005. The patent belongs to the Research and Production Center of the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus for Potato, Vegetable and Fruit Growing.
Now successfully grown throughout Russia, but grows better in regions in which the climate is close to the Belarusian.
Features of cultivation of potato zhuravinka
Unpretentious varietal variety. Even with minimal care gives a rich and tasty harvest.
Landing dates depend on the climate in the region. The south, the earlier Zhuravinka is ready for landing. In the southern regions, landing is carried out in April, and in the northern regions it is recommended to postpone landing until mid-May.
In central Russia they plant in late April - early May.
Zhuravinka prefers a light, loose soil. Heavy soils are not suitable for planting. Prefers sunny areas.Zhuravinka prefers light ground
- Tubers are planted in depth no more than 7 cmif the soil is loamy. If the ground is sandy, the tuber deepens no more than 10 cm;
- The distance between the plants is about 30 cm;
- Planting should be carried out in moist and loose soil;
- Before planting, it is important to plow, level and clean the weed from the weeds.
When growing Zhuravinki follow a number of rules for care:
- Although the variety is resistant to any weather conditions, it is necessary to water the potatoes periodically. However, allow overflow highly discouraged;
- Periodically required spud fit. Spud potatoes better when the soil is wet. The first hilling is done when the height of the shoots reaches 20 cm;
- It is not recommended to abuse nitrogen fertilizers;
- In too rainy summer, it is advisable to treat potatoes with an antifungal drug.
Diseases and pests
Zhuravinka resistant to most diseases. Rarely potatoes hit phytophthora. A common cause of late blight is waterlogging. However, compared to other potato varieties, Zhuravinka is rarely affected by late blight. For the prevention and control of fungicides are used.
It is also possible the defeat of viral diseases that lead to the death of tubers and their rotting.
Ekaterina, 38 years old, Moscow region
We have been growing Zhuravinka potatoes for 4 years now. Potatoes give a good harvest. Tastes are very good. The only negative is late maturation, since the zone is not black earth, but this is not a problem.
Valentina, 45, Saratov
Zhuravinka - one of the favorite varieties of potatoes. Due to the high content of starch potatoes are well boiled soft. It tastes great too. Ripens late, but because of this, perfectly preserved until the next harvest.Zhuravinka has an excellent taste and does not boil soft in reviews.
Vladimir, 51, Volkhov
Crane is the only variety that has approached the harsh conditions of our region. Yield according to the description is good. Tastes are also great. In addition, Zhuravinka is resistant to many diseases (nematode, scab, black leg, late blight).
Zhuravinka potatoes - one of the best varieties, bred by Belarusian breeders. Potatoes have good yields, good taste and unpretentiousness in cultivation.