Barberry - extremely useful plant. It is isolated not only by the aesthetic and nutritional significance of the shrub, but also by the healing properties of all parts of the plant.
The barberry root has the widest potential of medicinal properties., which has many medicinal properties, which is often used in traditional medicine for the treatment and prevention of many diseases.
The composition and therapeutic properties of the root of barberry, contraindications
If you look closely at the break of the roots of barberry, you can see a bright yellow color. This color gives the roots of the plant rare alkaloid berberine. This component of the barberry determines its basic healing properties.
An alkaloid-based cholagogue preparation "Berberine bisulfate", which is used in traditional medicine, has been developed.
In addition to berberine (9.4%), the root of the plant contains alkaloids (4.8%):
Complement the chemical composition of the root organic acids: apple, chelidonic and citric, resins, pectins, vitamins C and E.Barberry root contains rare alkaloid berberine, organic acids, vitamins E and C
As a result of experimental studies revealed a number of therapeutic effects after the use of herbal remedies, prepared on the basis of the roots of barberry.
Berberine inhibits the production of high-density lipoprotein ("bad" cholesterol). This is an indispensable property in atherosclerosis, obesity, cardiovascular pathologies.
An aqueous extract from the barberry root increases cardiac contractility and reduces peripheral vascular resistance, thereby preventing the dangerous manifestations of hypertension.
Thanks to berberine supplement with organic acids and vitamin C barberry root is effective against fever.
The pronounced anti-inflammatory effect helps to fight nephritis and other inflammatory processes in the body.
The active substances of the root have an antioxidant effect.by suppressing lipid peroxidation. Therefore, herbal remedies will be useful as an antioxidant additive in diabetes mellitus and liver pathologies, which are accompanied by the release of toxins in the body.
Regular use of barberry root lowers blood sugar.
Additionally, berberine has anticonvulsant, diuretic, antibacterial, tonic, sedative and antispasmodic properties.
Barberry roots can not be consumed when hypotension, a contraindication is pregnancy and the postpartum period, bleeding associated with ovarian dysfunction, liver cirrhosis and acute manifestations of hepatitis.
This list includes children under 12 years of age and people with individual intolerance to root components. Consumption above the recommended norms may lead to suffocation or respiratory arrest.The roots of barberry should not be used for hypotension, pregnancy, liver cirrhosis and acute manifestations of hepatitis.
Harvesting, storage and use of dried raw materials
The roots are harvested in the spring before the buds swell or in October. In this case, it is permissible to dig up no more than 1/3 of the roots from each shrub. Subsequent harvesting is possible only after 5 years.
From the roots they shake off the ground and cut out the fibrous part. Because berberine dissolves quickly in water, it is impossible to wash raw materials. Dry the roots in a dry and ventilated area for 4-5 days.
It is possible to speed up the process in the oven by setting the temperature to 45 ° С. After that, the raw materials are removed in fabric bags that are stored in a dry room. Shelf life 3 years.
Herbal remedies help fight viruses and bacteria during epidemics, are a worthy alternative to many chemicals.
To prepare herbal remedies, the crushed raw materials (1 tsp) are put into a thermos and poured boiling water (0, 5 l), infused for 45 minutes.
- lowering the temperature in fevers (malaria) in 1 tbsp. l 4 times a day;
- rinsing the mouth with inflammation of the gums 3-4 times a day;
- relieving pain in the liver and gall bladder 50 ml 4 times a day;
- as an auxiliary treatment for dropsy and jaundice in 50 ml 3-4 times a day.
Infusion can be used as an active substance for lotions for inflammation of the eyes, purulent wounds, eczema, or for rinsing the face with dermatitis.Infusion of barberry root can be used for lotions for eye inflammation, purulent wounds, eczema
Medicinal raw materials (3 tsp.) Pour water (0.5 l), boil for 20 minutes, bring the volume to its original state with boiled water. The broth is filtered and poured into a glass container.
- internal bleeding 1 tbsp. l every hour;
- hepatitis, bronchitis, 1 tsp. 3 times a day;
- neuralgia, hypertension, atherosclerosis 50 ml 3 times a day.
The decoction is used as a choleretic agent, taking 1 tsp. 5-6 times a day. It is used in hepatitis, gallbladder pathologies and exacerbations of cholecystitis.
For the preparation of a medicinal product, the crushed raw materials (40 g) are poured with 40% ethyl alcohol (100 ml), drawn in a dark place for 20 days. The tincture is taken 30 drops 3 times a day for internal bleeding.
With tincture make compresses, lotions with diseases of the joints and muscle spasms. For this purpose, gauze fabric moistened with a medium is applied to painful areas for 30 minutes. The procedure has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effects.
How to use in cosmetology
Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and tonic properties of the barberry root are attractive for cosmetology.
Due to the effect of berberine, the local metabolism in the epidermis increases, which allows you to strengthen the hair follicles, tighten loose skin and smooth wrinkles.
Root actives lighten the strongest pigment spots and frecklesline the complexion.
For rejuvenation procedures used a decoction of the roots of barberry. This is a daily wipe in the morning and evening.
For skin toning, decoction is used in frozen form. The procedure for wiping with ice cubes is repeated every morning before applying decorative cosmetics.
Twice a week make a mask. To do this, a terry towel is moistened in a warm broth, wring out, put on the face, neck, décolleté and held for 15 minutes. Means do not wash off.For skin rejuvenation, the face is rubbed with a decoction of barberry root in the morning and evening
Strengthening and hair growth
For medical procedures prepare a strong infusion of the roots. For this 4 tbsp. l raw materials pour 1 liter of boiling water and insist 1 hour.
Herbal medicine is used as a conditioner after applying shampoos. Procedures carried out within 1-2 months.
With a strong fall of hair make masks. To do this, the infusion is rubbed into the hair roots, put on a plastic cap and wrap the head with a towel. Stand 15 minutes and wash off with water.
Acne and pigmentation
With acne will useful daily wiping problem areas decoction or infusion.
The tool has disinfectant and antibacterial properties that suppress the spread of acne and reduce inflammation in the skin layers.
With age spots and freckles, the skin is rubbed with a strong infusion 3-4 times a day. If the skin is dry, the infusion is mixed with sour cream (1: 1).
Application of leaves and berries
- Decoction. Crushed berries (50 g) pour water (250 ml) and boil for 30 minutes. Strained agent is used as a choleretic or febrifuge 100 ml 3 times a day.
- Morse. Dried raw materials (300 g) are poured with water (3 l), boiled for 10 minutes and infused for 2 hours. Sugar or vanilla powder is added to the filtered beverage. Barberry juice will be useful for pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract, liver and gall bladder, colds, hemorrhoids and constipation. Daily rate of 500 ml.
- The juice. Dried fruits are soaked in cold water for 10 hours. After that, rub and squeeze the juice, add sugar to taste. This is a good way to raise appetite, strengthen the heart and blood vessels. Juice is recommended to use 100 ml in the morning.
- Infusion. Whole fruits (2 tbsp. L.) Pour boiling water (0.5 l) and insist 8 hours. Therapeutic infusion is used for the regulation of water-salt balance, treatment of pancreatitis. Daily rate of 3 tbsp. l., the course of treatment is 7 days.
- Prophylactic tea. In the teapot (250 ml) lay 1 tsp. fruits and pour boiling water, insist 5-7 minutes. Tea is drunk warm 30 minutes after meals. Drink tones and strengthens the immune system.
Barberry fruits are used as seasoning. to rice, meat and fish dishes, boil kissels, jelly and make marshmallow.Barberry fruits have choleretic, antipyretic, hemostatic, anti-inflammatory and tonic properties
In the leaves of barberry contains alkaloids, only in smaller quantities than in the roots. They contain a large number of phytoncides, phytohormones, flavonoids, vitamins C, E and K.
- Tincture. Crushed dry raw materials (40 g) pour 40% ethyl alcohol (100 ml), insist 20 days in a dark place. Take 20-30 drops 3 times a day for 20 days. This treatment regimen will be useful in hypertension, atherosclerosis, internal bleeding, and hemorrhoids.
- Infusion. The crushed raw materials (1 tablespoon) are poured with boiling water (250 ml) and steamed in a water bath for 15 minutes. The volume of the filtered broth is adjusted to 250 ml and infused for 8 hours. Take as a choleretic agent in the pathologies of the liver. Treatment tactics: taking 1 tbsp. l 4 times a day for 10 days.
- Vitamin drink. The leaves of barberry (100 g) pour water (1 l) and boil over low heat for 5 minutes. 50 grams of honey is added to the drink. Drink tones and strengthens the body. On the day you can consume no more than 200 ml of funds, divided by 2 times.
Of all the alkaloids contained in the barberry, only berberine has been studied to date. This allows us to speculate that the barberry can be useful for human health in other areas.
However, today barberry - significant for human culturewhich brings aesthetic pleasure, enriches the diet and cures for many diseases.