Many gardeners grow plums on their plots. This culture has more than 250 varieties., some of which are combined into groups. One of these families is called Renklod, its varieties have a number of similar characteristics, but at the same time they differ from each other. Let's look at a detailed description of this type of plum.
How does Renclod differ from other varieties?
From other varieties of plums Renklody differ primarily in their excellent taste. Their fruits have a dessert taste, soft and melting in the mouth pulp..
Also, the trees of this family look neat and beautiful, few of which varieties need crown pruning.
Description of varieties
The Renklod species includes several varieties that are distinguished by similar characteristics:
- Average, tree height is 4-6 meters.
- Krone sphericalsmall deviations are allowed.
- Young branches slightly pubescent, easy to bend, painted red-brown or red-green. Over time, they harden and acquire a grayish tint.
- On the streaks of leaves hairiness is also present.
- More often fruits are shaped like a ball, 4-5 centimeters long, color ranges from yellow-green to ink-violet. Plums of this family are slightly rough.
- Peduncle short, pubescent.
- Taste Such plums are considered dessert.
- Most varieties are samobesplodny and need additional pollination.
- Yield depends on how dry and sunny the summer was.
Collective farmPlum Renklod grade Kolkhoz
This variety was bred by I.V. Michurin at the end of the 19th century Ternosliv and Renclod green. The resulting hybrid is zoned for central Russia, and is successfully grown in these areas. On average, the height of the tree is 2.5 meters, the crown spreading, but not thick, grows in the shape of a ball.
The size of the pods is considered small, on average, one plum weighs 15-20 grams. Yellow-green peel with many subcutaneous spots, with a long exposure to the sun color may form a brick blush. The wax coating is very easy to wash. The flesh of the fruit is tender, juicy, but compared to other green trees is acidic.
Fruiting occurs at the end of August, on average, 20 kg of a crop are collected from one young tree, and 40 from an adult. The variety tolerates winter frosts up to -30 degrees. It is immune to many diseases, except fungal. The tree requires additional pollination.
SovietPlum Renklod Sovetsky grade
It was bred in the 80s, through cross-pollination of the plums of Renklod and Renklod Ulyanischev, zoned for the Central Black Earth region. The crown of the tree is not neat, with a small amount of foliage, the branches grow upwards, gradually expanding, the growth of the hybrid does not exceed 3.5 meters.
Fruits weigh 40 grams, round shape. The skin is colored dark purple with a waxy bloom, the pulp is amber in color. The taste of plums is sweet, with a slight sourness.
Renklod Sovetsky tolerates frost well to -30 degrees. Fruiting begins at 4-5 year of life, from a young tree 15-20 kilograms of a crop are collected, and from an adult 40-45. Variety fully protsevaet the end of August. Poor resistance to polystigmosis.
EarlyPlum Renklod Early
Bred in Ukraine in the 1950s by cross-pollination of Jefferson and Peach varieties. The tree grows up to 6 meters, the crown is spherical, not thick.
The weight of one fruit is 60 gramsWith age, the tree produces a smaller crop, 35-40 grams. The plum is round, slightly flattened on the sides, the seam is clearly visible, one half is more than the other. The skin is colored yellow-orange with a slight whitish coating. The flesh is sweet and sour, with a honey flavor. Stone separates badly.
The crop ripens in late July - early August. The tree tolerates cold temperatures up to -30 degrees and extreme heat. Fruits are well transported.
AltanaPlum Renklod Altana
The hybrid appeared in the 19th century in the Czech Republic, by spontaneous mutation when grown from a green greenstone. In Russia it is grown up in the Central Black Earth region. The tree grows to 6.5 meters, the crown is spherical.
The plums themselves are large, 40-45 grams, slightly compressed on the sides. Lettuce-colored skin is covered with a red-pink blush; dark subcutaneous spots are characteristic. The flesh is amber in color, very tender and tasty.
The first harvest can be taken already in the 3rd year of life, the tree brings 35-40 kilograms, then this indicator increases to 80 kilograms. Fruiting falls on the beginning of August, in regions with colder climates, this period is delayed by about 2 weeks. The hybrid tolerates drought, frost, disease and insect attacks. The variety is self-fertile.
TambovPlum Renklod Tambov
The hybrid was bred by crossing the green green and Raskorpelka red. Grown in central Russia. Kidneys are well resistant to frost down to -30 degreesshoots less hardy. The height of the tree is 3.5 meters, the crown is spreading, growing in width.
Fruit weight is only 20 grams. Elongated plums with blu-violet skin. The flesh is golden, sour.
The first harvest can be collected in early September already in the 3rd year of life. On average, 15-25 kg of fruit are obtained from one tree.. Tambov poorly resists kleasterspiozu. The variety is self-infertile. To obtain a crop, plum pollinators are grown nearby.
KarbyshevaPlum Renklod Karbysheva
Renklod Karbysheva was launched in the 1950s in Ukraine. The tree grows very quickly, so it is necessary to cut it in time to form the crown.
Initially, fruits weigh 50 grams, then their size is reduced to 35 grams. The skin is dense, bright scarlet, with overriding, a blue wax coating appears. Honey-colored flesh, to taste is considered to be dessert and highly appreciated by professionals.
The fruits ripen in the second half of August. The tree receives significant damage at a temperature of -20 degrees. The variety is samobesplodin, as the pollinators usually use Renklod Early, Renklod Green, Hungarian Donetsk.
WhitePlum Renklod White
The tree grows in height to 4 - 4.5 meters.
Fruits are opaque, white color, about 35-40 grams in size. The flesh is almost transparent, very sweet, juicy, melting in the mouth.
Harvest ripens in late August. Variety tolerates cold and prolonged droughts. The first fruiting occurs in the 3rd year of life. Requires additional pollination.
GreenPlum Renklod Green
The tree grows in height to 6-7 meters, and the diameter of the oval, sprawling crown is equal to the same figures. In Russia, the variety is grown in the southern regions.
The fruits weigh only 20 grams, the peel is green-yellow in color with a bluish wax coating. Initially, it seems that the pulp has the same shade, but after cleaning the plum, it turns out that its pulp is transparent. The taste is very delicate, juicy, sweet. It is a reference.
Fruiting comes on the 5th year after the tree is transplanted into the open ground. Initially, you can get 25-30 kilograms of the crop, but since the age of 10, gardeners harvest 45-50 kilograms of plums. The fruits ripen in late August. The variety is well protected from fungal diseases, but rotting. It is self-infertile.
BovePlum Renclod de Beauvais
The variety was bred in Belgium by random mutation of a seedling grown from a green greenstone stone. The tree is of medium height, the branches grow in different directions, forming an untidy crown.
Yellow-green plums with crimson blush on the sides. The shape is spherical. On the skin of a thick silver wax coating. The flesh is soft and sweet, with a touch of nutmeg. Fruits tolerate transportation and are stored for a long time..
The variety is self-fertile, the fruits ripen in mid-September. The yield of such a tree is excellent, at the age of 10 it brings 40-50 kilograms of plums, and in 20 years this number increases by 2 times. Winter hardiness is bad, but there is immunity to the plum moth.
MichurinskyPlum Renklod Michurinsky
It was bred at the beginning of the 21st century with the help of cross-pollination of the plum Eurasia 21 and Renklod Altan. A small tree with a neat, spherical crown.
Fruit weight 25-30 grams, peel red-purple. The flesh is yellow-orange with a slight sourness.
Plums ripen in early September. Fruiting starts from 3 years after planting, on average, 20-25 kg of crop are harvested from one tree.. The variety has good frost resistance and transportability. It is self-fertile, but in the presence of pollinator plums gives the best yield.
KuibyshevPlum Renklod Kuybyshevsky
It was bred using varieties Yellow local and Lenya, in the mid 50s of the last century, especially for the northern part of Russia. The tree grows up to 6 meters in height, spreading crownI. Fruits are tied on 2 or 3 summer bouquet branches.
Weight plum about 25 grams, spherical shape. Peel lime shade with round spots. The flesh is juicy, sour, a couple of shades lighter than the skin.
The young tree brings 6-8 kg of a crop, and adult 20-30. Fruits ripen in late August.
Frost resistance and insect resistance is good, the variety is prone to gumming. It is also self-fertile, but pollinators are welcome.
PresidentialPlum Renklod Presidential
It was bred with the help of varieties Renklod Altana, Hungarian Azhanskaya and the Great Blue plum. The tree grows to 4 meters in height, the krone reminds the broom turned down by the handle.
The fruits ripen in mid-September and on average weigh 55-60 grams, are in the shape of an ellipse. The skin is thick, purple. The flesh is thick, juicy, grainy, yellow-orange hue, taste with noticeable sourness.
The variety begins to bear fruit in the 4th year of cultivation, initially the yield is 12-15 kg, then it rises to 45. The frost resistance of the variety is excellent, but there is a susceptibility to creeping, moniliose, plum moth and aphid. For pollination beside planted varieties of self-fruited plums.
TenkovskyPlum Renklod Tenkovsky
As the parental varieties were made plum Tatarskaya yellow, Jefferson, Renklod Reform, turn Local. Small tree, only 3 meters. The krone accurate, in a form reminds a sphere.
Fruits weigh 15-20 grams, the shape is rounded, with one half of the plum noticeably larger than the other. Purple skin with a bluish bloom adds bitterness to the taste of the fruit. The flesh is yellowish, grainy, not juicy, the taste is sweet and sour.
The first fruiting occurs at 4-5 year of life, the crop ripens by mid-September. The variety does not differ frost resistance and tolerance of drought and heat. Often exposed to rust, bloom and attack by a slimy sawyer.
Renklod began to grow in France in the second half of the 16th century. King Francis, the first during his reign, received as a gift a variety of plums bred using Verdicchio plum. After the king tried the gift, he demanded to name the brought variety in honor of his wife Claudine (Claude), noting that the taste of these fruits is also gentle and sweet, like the appearance and character of the queen.Plum Rene Claude
The name of this variety ReineClaude translates from French as Queen Claude.
Then gradually began to appear hybrids, similar in their taste with Renklod. They began to be united in one group, while giving each variety its own individual, specifying name.
The advantages and disadvantages of the variety
- Renklod is distinguished by its excellent taste.
- Also all fruits have attractive appearance.
- Most varieties possess resistant to winter frosts and diseases.
- Most often trees belonging to the Renklod view knotted the maximum amount of harvest.
- Nearly all varieties in the family are self-explosive and need additional pollination.
- Trees prone to rotting roots.
- It is necessary to ensure reliable wind gust protection.
Natural growth region
Usually Greens are grown in Western Europe. In Russia, such varieties are most often found in the Central region or in the south of the country.. Stopping your choice on such a family, you should take a responsible approach to the choice of a subspecies, so that it could easily endure the climatic conditions of the growing region.
Planting rules seedlings
Renklod can be planted only in spring, in April, before bud break. What would a plum give a good harvest and be healthy When choosing a landing site, they are repelled by the following factors:
- The soil should be fertile and loose, it is best to use a slightly acidic or neutral soil.
- Plot should be open and sunny, in the shade the amount of harvest will be much less.
- Required avoid places with high groundwater levels, excess moisture can lead to the development of various diseases.
- Also do not plant plum in lowland placeswhere rain and melt water accumulates.
- Tree need protect from drafts and strong wind guststherefore, they are planted near a high fence or any other buildings.
- Considering that the majority of the green trees are self-infertile, take into account the location of pollinating trees.
The landing pit is prepared in the autumn.. To do this, dig a pit 60 cm deep and 80 centimeters in diameter. When digging, the top layer of earth is laid separately from the bottom. Then prepare the soil mixture:
- Fertile soil layer;
- 2 buckets of humus;
- 50 grams of superphosphate;
- 30 grams of potassium sulphide.
The resulting composition is poured into the pit and overwhelmed with barren soil.. If the pit is not prepared in the autumn, you can catch up in 2-3 weeks before planting. But in this case, the soil will be less fertile.
- Before landing you need place two supporting stakes in the pit.
- When lowering the seedling into the pit, the root neck should be 5-7 centimeters above ground level.
- While falling asleep sapling it should be slightly shaken with earth, so that all the voids between the roots would be filled.
- Digging around the trunk well depth of 40-50 centimeters.
- Then trees are tied to a support, while the rope does not pull much, because it can damage a young plant.
- At the end of the drain procedure water carefully clear water, then mulch.
Care featuresPlum Renklod needs additional dusting
The main feature of the care of plums Renklod is need for additional pollination. Such a procedure can be carried out artificially with the help of special pollen, but many gardeners prefer to plant pollinators near trees.
It is carried out strictly at the very beginning of spring, after blooming of leaves or in the beginning of June. Such periods are the safest.Plum prunklood pruning scheme
- First year. In order for the crown of a tree to be a regular, spherical shape, it is necessary to select 10 skeletal branches, with equal intervals and the angle of detachment from the trunk, which should be equal to 45 degrees.
- Second year. Cut all the resulting growth, leaving a length of only 25 centimeters.
- Third year. It is necessary to shorten the shoots grown from skeletal branches and the conductor, their length should be 30 centimeters, the remaining gains cut to the mark of 15 centimeters.
- Fourth year. Starting from the fourth year, the crown of the tree is considered to be formed. Therefore, now it is necessary to carry out only sanitary pruning, at which all dry and diseased branches are removed. You also need to make sure that the new shoots do not thicken the crown and let the air and sunlight through.
Usually the tree begins to feed from 3 years of landingBefore that, it receives nutrients from fertilizers applied during planting.
- In April, before flowering, the following composition is poured under the tree:
- 25 grams of ammonium nitrate;
- 40 grams of potassium salt;
- 300 grams of mineral fertilizers;
- Then plum plentifully watered.
- During flowering, the tree is watered with a solution of urea:
- 5 liters of water;
- 10 grams of urea.
- Then after flowering you need to make:
- 0.3% solution of mullein;
- 50 grams of superphosphate.
- During the ripening period of the plum fruit, additional forces may be needed, which the following feeding may provide for it:
- 4 tablespoons of urea;
- 6 tablespoons nitrofoski;
- 20 liters of water.
- In the summer, from about June 1 to 5 wood is sprayed with 1% urea solution.
- In the autumn under digging make:
- 15 kg manure or compost;
- 150 grams of superphosphate;
- 50 grams of ammonium nitrate.
- Also plum needs to be watered with the following mixture:
- 4 tablespoons of sulfuric potassium;
- 6 tablespoons of superphosphate;
- 20 liters of water.
Water plum should be using holes, depth of 35-40 centimeters, it is at this level that the root system is located. It is best to use warm, distilled water. Experienced gardeners recommend watering a tree 5-6 times per season. The amount of water used in watering is determined by the age of the tree, on average, it is 4-8 buckets.
Preparing for the winter
For the most part, all Rencoats are afraid of cold weather, so they need to be prepared for the winter period:
- Young trees cover with spruce leaves, hay or sedge, also it can be tied with paper.
- Mature trees do not require such protection, it is enough just to whiten the stem and powder it with humus or sawdust, their layer must be at least 10 centimeters.
Diseases and pests
Different varieties of the Renklod family are distinguished by individual immunity to diseases and attacks by pests. Most often, trees are affected by the following insects:
- Plum moth - eats fruits, from this plum begin to darken, then rot and fall off. To combat this pest, the following treatments are carried out:
- In early spring, the tree is sprayed with a 0.3% solution of Karbofos or 0.2% solution of Metaphos.
- During the growing season, the plum is treated with coniferous concentrate, 1 tablespoon per 3 liters of water.
- Plum aphid - plant growth slows down, almost no fruit buds are formed, all foliage fade. To get rid of this insect plum process as follows:
- In early spring, at a temperature not lower than -5 degrees, the plums are sprayed with mineral-oil preparations, which can be purchased in garden stores.
- In April, the tops of young shoots are washed in a soap solution (300 grams of soap per 10 liters of water).
- Plum moth - entangles the leaves and fruits of the web, because of what they wither and fall. To get rid of the pest carry out the following procedure:
- Spraying the drug Chlorofos, with the calculation of 3-4 liters per tree.
- Plum struck by aphids
- Plum struck fruit pudding
- Plum moth
The most common diseases include:
- Monilioz - A fungal disease that provokes fruit rot. When infested, inflorescences fade, leaves are covered with brown spots and fall, fruits gradually become covered with white rot, mummified and remain hanging on the branches. To combat the disease use:
- The tree and the soil around it is treated with a 3% solution of the drug "Chorus".
- All affected areas must be removed and burned.
- Comedication - The bark of the tree is strongly exuded and sticky amber-colored liquid begins to ooze from it.
- To combat the disease it is necessary to remove all the smudges and clean the sore spot with a sharp knife, then be sure to treat the garden bar.
- Plum affected by moniliasis
- Camera treatment at the plum
To avoid the appearance of pests or diseases, experienced gardeners recommend the following preventive actions:
- Sure to loosen the trunk circle during the autumn works.
- Trunk and skeletal branches cleaned of old bark.
- We must not forget sanitary trimming.
- All damaged branches and fruits must be burned.
- Need regularly remove root shoots and clean the tree trunk from foliage, branches, etc.
- Whitewash booster will help to avoid the attacks of many insects.
- The crown of the tree should be well breathable and provide high-quality airing.
- During the execution of various procedures is best avoid bark damage.
Plum propagation occurs in several ways:
Planting seedsGrowing plum from the stone
Usually this method is used to produce rootstocks. To get a good seedling you need:
- Healthy and large seeds are thoroughly washed and cleaned of pulp, then soaked in water for 4 days, while the water must be changed, and the seeds are periodically stirred.
- After this procedure, they are carefully dried and stored in a glass jar.
- Then need mix seeds with wet sand or sawdust and leave them to infuse at a temperature of +1 to -10 degrees for 180 days.
- Initially seeds are germinated in the form of seedlingsthen transfer the seedlings to the open ground.
This procedure is done during the active movement of the juice, that is, in April-May or July-August. There are 2 main methods of vaccination: in the split and behind the cortex.
In the fall, the root is cut, which connects the mother plant and the process, in the spring, the shoots are dug together with the roots and transplanted to a new, separate place.
Root cuttingsScheme of reproduction plum root cuttings and shoots
- At the young tree