Hawthorn is a plantwhich is used in folk medicine since ancient times.
Its fruits do not differ outstanding taste, but contain a huge amount of useful substances.
Blood hawthorn, which is otherwise called Glod, Boyarka or Lady - it is a shrub or tree up to 6 meters high, in rare cases the height of a plant can reach 12 meters.
Dark brown barrel, the bark on the branches is painted in blood red. The long branches are characterized by burgundy spines 2-3 cm long and 5 millimeters wide, and there are no thorns on young shoots.
Leaves can be egg-shaped or diamond-shaped., pointed towards the end, the base is integral, wedge-shaped. Most often at the edges there is a large serration, consisting of 3-5 blades.
Flowers gather in dense inflorescences.. On average, the diameter of a single flower is 12-15 millimeters, the color is golden white. The flowering period falls on the beginning of the summer and lasts 1-2 weeks.
The fruits ripen in mid-autumn and are small bright red or orange berries with a diameter of 8-10 millimeters. Mealy pulp, has a large number of useful properties.
The hawthorn natural growth region is considered to be Central Russia, Siberia and the Caucasus. Also, the plant can be found in other Asian countries.
Hawthorn grows in forests, steppes or steppepreferring dry glades and edges. Such plants tolerate severe frosts, but the proximity of groundwater can cause rotting of the root system.
Description of the useful properties of hawthorn from the program "Live is great!":
Healing properties of blood red hawthorn
The beneficial properties of hawthorn are known for a long time. In folk medicine used not only the fruits of the plant, but also its flowers, leaves and even bark.
When properly administered, hawthorn preparations are able to exert the following on the body. beneficial effect:
- strengthening the walls of blood vessels, including small capillaries;
- dilation of blood vessels and removal of spasms contribute to the improvement of blood circulation;
- hawthorn can lower cholesterol;
- hawthorn fruits are also believed to have anti-inflammatory and anti-tumor, diuretic properties;
- Ursolic acid, which is part of the berries of the plant, improves collagen synthesis, as a result of which it helps to regenerate the skin and has a wound-healing effect;
- prevents natural aging of the skin;
- preparations containing hawthorn in their composition, prevent fatigue of the heart muscle, they also reduce its excitability and help restore contractility;
- decreases blood pressure;
- people who have undergone hawthorn medication have improved sleep and relieved their nervous system conditions;
- the use of hawthorn hearth helps to increase the level of oxygen in the brain cells, and they also improve cerebral circulation;
- hawthorn is recommended for older people as a means to improve memory;
- such a plant can improve metabolism and lose weight;
- hawthorn preparations relieve headaches and prevent the occurrence of epileptic seizures;
- with regular use, there is an improvement in intestinal and liver function.
Most often hawthorn used in the form of alcohol tinctures. A person who takes this medicine must be very careful, because alcohol, which is part of it, can harm the body.
There are the following indications for hawthorn application:
- various forms of heart failure;
- myocardial infarction;
- the initial stages of hypertension;
- nervous system disorders;
In order to get rid of the pain in the heart, it is enough to take one teaspoon of freshly squeezed juice from hawthorn berries.
Just like any other medicine, hawthorn has contraindications.
If at one time to eat more than 200 berries, then a decrease in blood pressure, which is accompanied by dizziness, weakness, drowsiness, nausea and vomiting.
Take hawthorn 30 minutes before mealsotherwise, a sharp pain in the abdomen may occur.
Before using hawthorn preparations in conjunction with other medicines that are similar in area of exposure, you should consult with your doctor.
In the initial stages of hypertension Hawthorn can significantly improve the condition of the body. After a 20-day course, there is a relaxation of the walls of blood vessels, a decrease in blood pressure.
But it is also worth remembering that if the disease is in an advanced form, it is necessary to use stronger drugs.
In ischemic heart disease hawthorn can reduce the number of strokes, another positive effect will help with fat metabolism and reducing cholesterol levels in the blood.Hawthorn is taken 30 minutes before a meal, hawthorn medications are contraindicated for children under 12 years old and pregnant women.
Nervous tension or stress will help relieve use of hawthorn in conjunction with preparations containing valerian.
Many doctors advise the use of hawthorn tincture when detecting diseases such as atherosclerosis, heart attack and heart failure. The therapeutic effect can be achieved only if you use the drug in the correct dosage.
3 times a day, 30 minutes before meals It is necessary to count 30 drops of tincture and mix them with 30 milliliters of water.
The medicine is taken within 6 months, making a ten-day break after every 30 days of admission.
Recipes for making homemade tinctures
Use hawthorn tincture is recommended when increased excitability, irritability, vegetovascular disorders, the appearance of angina attacks, as well as heart pain caused by nervous disorders.
There are several recipes for making homemade hawthorn tincture.
For the first recipe, fresh berries are taken:
- one glass of fresh berries must be crushed in an enamel or glass container; the use of metal containers may reduce the positive effect of the drug;
- the resulting mass is poured with a glass of 70 percent alcohol and left to infuse for 21 days in a dark place at room temperature;
- for uniform distribution of hawthorn berry juice, the mixture must be mixed daily;
- at the end of the preparation, the tincture is filtered through gauze or a sieve.
The second recipe involves the use of dried fruit:
- 100-150 grams of fruit carefully sorted and ground;
- then pour 70 percent alcohol or vodka;
- further hawthorn insist 3 weeks in a dark place with room temperature;
- at the final stage it is necessary to get rid of the powder and strain the resulting solution.
In addition to the fruit for making tincture often used hawthorn flowers:
- 100 grams of fresh flowers are poured with 100 milliliters of alcohol;
- then they insist in a dark place with room temperature for 10 days;
- after the specified time the infusion is filtered.
The fastest way to prepare tinctures The following recipe is considered:
- 5 tablespoons of fresh berries pour a glass of vodka;
- then the resulting mixture is heated to 50 degrees;
- after the resulting tincture has cooled, you need to get the fruit, while they are carefully squeezed.
Hawthorn tincture is an excellent tool for maintain the work of the heart muscle and can become an adjunct in overdose of heart drugs.
Hawthorn has a beneficial effect on the human body. Most of the effect is in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases and disorders of the central nervous system.
Tincture of hawthorn "Serdeshny":