Pomegranate Rowan is a useful berry, with properties of which almost all gardeners and summer residents are familiar. She has beautiful ornamental plants, and her berries have a high level of nutrients. Therefore, it is imperative to plant this variety of berries in my plot, so that it pleases not only with a beautiful view, but also with its high useful yields, and you can see the description of this berry below.
The first to start breeding mountain ash varieties is I. V. Michurin. Back in 1925, he made the pollination of flowers of Siberian hawthorn or hawthorn with blood-red pollen of mountain ash. As a result, he received quite high quality planting material. The hybrid got the name - Michurin Krategosorbus (Bayurshynyoribina Michurina). He became one of the best among hybrid plants, for the fifth year he received high yields. Fruits are large with dark red garnet color. Therefore, this hybrid was given the name Garnet.
Rowan variety description Garnet
Garnet rowan has a fairly high tree with spreading branches. The height of the tree can reach up to 4 meters. The standard of living is usually between 20 and 25 years.Rowan variety Garnet
The main characteristics of the tree:
- Crown tree wide, dense;
- Shoots they take root easily, they easily withstand frosts and intense heat;
- Leaves have a decorative appearance. The size of the leaves is large, the color is dark green. Possess a regular, pinnate structure. The composition of the leaves includes 9-11 leaflets oblong;
- Leaf length is about 12 cm, width - 6 cm;
- Trees have uterine root system, root structure is well developed.
During the flowering period, white flowers appear on the tree. The size of the flowers is small. They are collected in bunches of corymbose inflorescences of 100 pieces each.Flowers of Pomegranate Mountain Ash are collected in bunches of inflorescences
Mature fruits of young trees are located in large numbers on the basis of fruit twigs.. In adult plants, fruits grow on kolchatka, the life expectancy of which is not more than 5 years.
The main qualities of the fruit:
- Ripe rowan fruits have the form of a ball with faceted structure;
- Coloring berries with a maroon-red tintwhich has a gray patina;
- Present inside the berries yellow colored flesh with juicy structure;
- Berry has sour taste with a sweet taste, in addition there may be a slight tartness;
- The weight of one ripe fruit ranges from 1.2 to 1.6 grams.
The yield of pomegranate mountain ash is quite high. Usually almost 18–20 kilograms are collected from one tree good berries with large sizes. The harvest depends on the proper care of the plant - watering, weeding, fertilizer.
Rowan variety Garnet refers to skoroplodnyh varieties. Fruiting begins at 4 years after planting seedlings. Trees have high yields.
During the storage of berries in a dry cool room, the largest period of maturation is almost 5 months. Fresh berries can be dried, frozen. In addition, one can prepare various blanks for the winter.
Rowan varieties Garnet refers to the self-bearing varieties. But still many Gardeners recommend using a cross-pollination method to improve crop levels.. Usually for the cross-pollination method varieties of mountain ash are used, such as Dessert, Beth, Sorbinka.
Advantages and disadvantages
Before planting Rowan Granatnaya variety, it is worth exploring its positive qualities. In addition to the valuable qualities of this class, there are negative sides.Which should also pay attention.Fruits of pomegranate rowan
- Sort able to withstand severe froststherefore, it can be planted in the northern regions of Russia;
- High yield, from one tree per season you can remove up to 2 large buckets of ripe fruit;
- Rowan Garnet refers to the self-fertile varieties, so when planting will not need to be planted in addition pollinators. Still, many gardeners recommend planting pollinators for cross-pollination to increase yields;
- Mature fruits have big sizes;
- Good ones taste qualities no bitterness aftertaste;
- Berries can be stored a long time.
Negative qualities include the following disadvantages:
- Short juice service. The Pomegranate mountain ash tree lives on average between 20 and 25 years;
- Average resistance to exposure to harmful insects and diseases.
For planting this variety, you can use drained sod and sod-weakly podzolic loamy soil. On this soil, trees grow best and are faster accepted.
Autumn is the most suitable season for planting mountain ash.. It is also allowed to land in the spring, but the main thing is to make it until the bud break. In addition, for planting is to choose a sunny place with a good flow of sunlight. In dark places, mountain ash will give low yields with poor quality.The most suitable season for planting Grenade mountain ash is autumn.
How to plant:
- First thing digging a hole for landing;
- The size of the diameter of the future hole should be 1 meter, the depth should be about half a meter;
- The bottom layer of soil must be mixed. with 20 kilograms of humus, 400 grams of superphosphate, 200-300 grams of potassium sulphate;
- Deepen neck radical type in the ground should be 4-5 cm;
- Thereafter seedling must be watered plenty of water, at least 2 buckets;
- Mulching is performed. a layer of at least 8-10 cm;
- Composting can be used for loosening.mixed with wood ash.
Watering and loosening
Rowan Pomegranate loves to grow on wet soil, but it does not tolerate strong water stagnation. In the absence of precipitation rowan should be watered three times. Watering is performed according to the scheme:
- First watering performed at the beginning of the growing season;
- Next watering performed about 17-21 days before harvest;
- Last watering produced approximately 21-28 days after harvest.
It is imperative that after each watering the ground should be well loosened, this will allow to keep the necessary amount of water in the soil. Besides loosening the soil is recommended in the period of early spring and autumnin preparation for the winter. It is recommended to dig up the earth no deeper than 15 cm in order not to harm the roots.
Be sure to in the process of growing need to prune trees. Conducted sanitary and formative pruning.
- In the spring time, trees have an earlier entry into growth, therefore circumcision should be done before the kidneys swell;
- In young plants to shorten 1 kidney, shoots are removed, due to which an acute angle is formed;
- For mature trees circumcision is done as needed. Usually it is made to form the shape of the crown, as well as for its thinning;
- All lower branches, growth near the roots are cut off;
- Other branches shortened by 1/3.
If during planting fertilizer mixtures were introduced into the well for planting, then for the first three years it is worth fertilizing the mountain ash. In spring time during the digging of the earth is necessary to make 25 grams of ammonium nitrate or urea. From the fourth year of life except spring, top dressing is done in the fall. In the autumn period during digging 50 grams of superphosphate and 30 grams of potassium are introduced into the soil.
Rowan variety Garnet has low-growing trees. Trees have an extraordinary beautiful appearance that brightens up the entire garden area.. Trees, even in winter, will delight with their beauty. In addition, the mountain ash Pomegranate has berries of large size. Ripe berries acquire an unusual dark red hue with a bluish tinge. Another distinctive feature of the plant is a short lifespan.
Diseases and pests
Pomegranate Rowan has low resistance to diseases and pests. In order to protect the tree and the crop from pests and diseases, it is necessary to carry out timely prevention. If the plant is already affected, then treatment is carried out with the help of special preparations.
|Name of defeat||How amazing||How to fix|
|Ashberry aphid||It damages and deforms the structure of the leaves.||Treatment with 0.2% solution of karbofos is carried out (75 grams per bucket of water is required) in the summer before the ovaries, treatment is done with 2% nitraphine solution (300 grams per 10 liters) in the spring before the buds appear. , 1% solution of Rogora-S - 1 liter is required per 1 square meter|
|Rowan gall mite||Damages leaf structure||For treatment using a 1% solution of colloidal sulfur, before flowering. In the autumn period, pristvolny circles are dug up, the old rotten harvest is removed.|
|Rowan moth||Damage to the structure of the pulp caterpillars||2 weeks after the end of flowering, processing with 0.2% chlorophos solution is performed, 20 grams of the drug must be added to 10 liters of water.|
|Monilioz||This disease completely damages the structure of trees, it causes the formation of dark growths.||In spring, before buds appear, trees are treated with nitrafen (300 g / 10 l of water) or copper sulphate (100 g / 10 l of water). The affected areas of the trees need to be cut and burned.|
|Mealy dew||This disease causes the formation of white plaque on the surface of the leaves, which causes their complete death.||Before the start of flowering, all affected leaves must be torn off and must be completely burned. Processing is performed with a solution of colloidal sulfur (30 g / 10 l of water). Every 4 days before the complete removal of the lesion, treatments are made from a soap solution - 10 liters of water, 3 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 large spoon of soap in a liquid form.|
Pomegranate Rowan is a high-yielding variety that is quite unpretentious in cultivation. Trees of this rowan can grow in almost any climate, they withstand strong frosts and at the same time retain all their properties. Disembarkation and further care does not require much work. The main thing is to water, fertilize and treat against parasites and diseases.