The Chinese apple tree is not quite rightly considered Chinese. Of course, this variety is found in China, and is quite widespread there, but mostly it is so called because its leaves resemble the leaves of Chinese plum. For this, they call it an apple tree with a libido.
Often these crumbs are found in our gardens. Despite the fact that they are small, apples are not at all inferior in taste to large varieties of Russian apples.
From the history of selection
Apples came to us from New Zealand, where they were seen by a British gardener who decided that such apples should be in his country without fail, and that they would be in demand for sales. So it happened. This inventive and ingenious gardener brought seedlings to his homeland.
Very soon they began to bear fruit, and he began to sell these apples in packs of 6 pieces. And to this day, they are in great demand, and especially children love them and have contentment, as children eat because it is difficult for them to cope with a large apple because of their age. Adults buy Chinese apples as well, since jam and stewed fruit are unusually tasty, it is not for nothing that the people of these crumbs are called "heavenly apples".
In itself, the tree reaches a medium size, the crown of its average density, it is completely covered with small apples of red or yellow color. Those gardeners who cultivate this variety of apples, say that during the flowering of these apples you can literally admire as pictures, in addition, they give just a stunning aroma.
The branches in form resemble a weeping willow; by themselves they are yellow or orange in color, and the crown is spreading.
The leaf is also a beautiful color, delicate green, slightly oblong, carved at the edges, with teeth.
The fruits are very small, up to 40 grams. On the skin of yellow or red may appear darkening, scratches, roughness and irregularities. This does not mean that the apple is bad. Unfortunately, these are features of the brand. The color of the flesh of the apple is creamy yellow in color, it tastes sweet with a little sourness.Fruits of the Chinese variety red apple tree
Apple tree Chinesecan be planted in sunny areas, she will definitely take root there and will delight the harvest. But if the area cannot be called frying, then in order to get a good harvest for an apple tree, it is necessary to carry out proper and competent care.
As for yield, the fruit can be expected 3 years after planting. Apples ripen and are ready to eat at the end of July, about the 25th. That is, the variety of Chinese apples can be considered early. With one large and healthy tree you can collect 100 kilograms of apples.
Caring for a Chinese variety varietal apple tree
On how care of a tree will be carried out, its productivity depends. There is nothing difficult in looking after Kyatka's apple trees, even an amateur gardener can handle it.
- It is necessary to decide on the time of planting an apple tree; it is necessary to begin planting in the fall, when the weather is still quite warm outside. This is the end of September - the beginning of October.
- Plant an apple tree in a well-lit area.
- If groundwater flows nearby, then such a place will not work. Chinese does not tolerate a large amount of moisture and may die.
- The soil in which the Chinese tree is planted should be fertile. If the soil is not so, then before you engage in planting apple trees, you need to fertilize the soil in advance.
- Sites on which it is planned to land, should be with good drainage.
How to choose a sapling?
- Buy seedlings better in special nurseriesand not with the hands and not in the markets. This will help protect against the annoying mistake and really grow up a Chinese woman, and not something that gets caught.
- It is better to buy seedlings in those nurseries that are located in a warm area, where Chinese trees could feel at ease.
- When buying, you need to carefully inspect the root system. It should be large and developed.
- Seedlings are better to buy young, they will be easier to take root.
How to plant?
For planting it is necessary to prepare pits, and this should be done in advance, one month before planting. This must also be done in advance because the landing hole must be fertilized in a special way:
- Horse dung.
- Wood ash.
- Potassium sulphate.
2/3 of the pit must be filled with this fertilizer. A layer of ordinary earth without fertilizers is poured over it, it is plentifully irrigated. The top is once again covered with ordinary earth.The yellow fruit of the Chinese apple
Departure after landing
In order for the harvest to be good, it is necessary to care for the apple tree from the first day of its planting.
- Formation of apple crown. To do this, cut all the branches, trying to make them the same length. This is necessary so that the power of the tree goes not into the growth of the crown, but into the development of apples. In this case, the main thing is to cut both branches and leaves.
- So that a young apple tree does not fall down and breaks, you need to drive into the ground next to it a special peg that could support it. To this peg you need to tie the trunk of an apple tree.
- Gardeners advise for the first 4-5 years of life of an apple to prevent it from growing fruits, at least a large number of them. You must manually remove up to 80% of all flowers.
- In the first year of life of the apple tree, in the spring you need to carry out a procedure that would help protect China from pests. For this you need to irrigate the tree with mixtures, you can buy them in ready-made form in the store. The first time needs to be processed when the buds are just beginning to swell, and the second time when the buds are about to open.
Harvesting and storage of golden apples
Apples are well in the refrigerator, if they do not have mechanical damage. Some varieties can lie almost until winter. If it is possible to store them in wooden boxes at zero degrees, then you can do this, for example, on the villa terrace.Harvest Yellow Chinese Apple Tree Apples Golden
Apples can be dried and used as dried fruits, they go great on compotes in winter.
Chinese apples are also made from jams, jams, marmalades, cider, jellies, candied fruits. That is, the main thing is to have a harvest, and there will definitely need to be apples.
Diseases and pests
Apple tree Chinese is subject to attacks by pests, to avoid this, the following measures should be taken:
- Copper sulfate. It protects against rotting, helps the tree to tighten wounds, prevents fungal diseases.
- Nitrofen. This tool can also prevent fungal diseases, scab, prevents parasites from laying eggs and hatch on a tree.
- Urea. The solution helps to fight insects that constantly attack garden trees: aphid, weevil, powdery mildew. Effective in dealing with scab.
- Copper sulphate. Fights against plant parasites, mosses and lichens.
- Colloidal sulfur. Helps fight spider mites.
Valentina, Vladimir, 65 years old: I love these apples since childhood, especially the Chinese golden one. I remember how she grew up in the garden of my grandfather and I constantly climbed on it. I like the fact that you can eat them already in July, you don’t have to wait until they are fully ripe, they are still very green. I like the sour taste, it is convenient to eat them. Scored full pockets, and as if you click the seeds. Fruits are not large, but the harvest is always steadily large. Personally, I love the juice from these apples and dried fruits.
Natalia, 45, Dnieper: I love these apples, but I do not like the fact that during storage they absorb the smell of what is nearby. Simply put - put them next to the potatoes - they will smell like potatoes. Next to gasoline - they will smell like gasoline. For the rest, I have no complaints about this variety.
Elena, 39 years old, Fistula: The early ones, simple in taste, appear when the fruit is already unbearably desirable, but they have not yet ripened. Children love them very much, only now not in every climate apples take root.
Thus, Chinese’s apples are in their own fine, early apples. They must be in the suburban areas, if not for food, then as an element of decor.