Since ancient times, it was known about the beneficial properties of grapes. This berry is rich in antioxidants and vitamins. The fruits of grapes have extensive use. It is used for making wine, oil is made of its seeds, pickled, canned, boiled jam, jam, various preparations and jellies. It is very important that during the heat treatment the grapes do not lose their beneficial properties.
How can you make a grape sorbet
The following ingredients are required to make the sorbet:
- unripe green grapes-1 kg;
- sugar-0.5 kilograms;
- water or syrup-2 cups;
- water-1.5 glasses.
- It is necessary to take immature grape varieties "Lady's finger" clean, sort, rinse well under running water, put the whole into a container of water and boil for 1 minute. Then you need to cool it, squeeze well and strain.
- Make a sugar syrup, and pour the resulting juice into it;
- Boil this mixture for 1 minute;
- Remove from heat and cool.
How to make grape jamGrape jam
Jam is a dessert with excellent taste. It will be a wonderful breakfast complement and a wonderful filling in pies.
- grapes Isabella or Concord-1.8 kg;
- sugar-1000 grams;
- lemon juice-90 ml;
- lemon peel-0.5 pieces.
- Wash grapes, wait until water runs out;
- From the berries into the container squeeze the flesh, peel back;
- Put the container on medium heat, bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes (add water if necessary);
- Next, a lot to grind through a sieve;
- Add lemon zest, granulated sugar, lemon juice in mashed berries, mix all the ingredients with a wooden spoon, bring to a boil over high heat. After boiling you need to reduce the fire so that there is no burning.
- Boil over a small fire 30 minutes;
- When boiling, the foam must be removed;
- Willingness check chilled spoon, holding it on the surface. The line drawn by the spoon at the finished jam does not close immediately;
- Ready jam is poured into sterilized jars and cooled.
The shelf life of jam in a glass jar with the addition of lemon juice, at home can be stored 12 months.
Grape jamGrape jam
Very tasty and beautiful jam comes from several grape varieties. Before making jam berries must be cut off from the tails, washed 2-3 times and dried.
- grapes of different varieties-2000 grams;
- sugar-500-1000 g;
- water-250 gr.
Place grapes in a saucepan, add water and boil 15 minutes on a small fire. Set aside the fruit from the heat and squeeze through a sieve with small cells. Sugar is put in the resulting mass, depending on the sweetness of the grapes.
When the content of grapes in a high percentage of sugar in the berries will be enough to add 0.5 kg of sugar. If the percentage of the content is low, add 1000 gr. Of sugar.
Boil over low heat to the desired consistency. Readiness is checked in this way: a drop of jam is laid out on a saucer, if it does not spread, then the sweet delicacy is ready.
The shelf life of the jam depends on the amount of sugar used in cooking. If sugar is added a lot, then the shelf life of such afrom 7 months to 1 year. If a small amount of sugar is used, then this jam can be stored. up to 3 years.
Grape jam at homeGrape Jam with Whole Berries
It is believed that the most suitable varieties for jam are:
The tricks of the preparation and processing of jam:
- Berries must be torn off from the brush, removed, spoiled and rinsed under cold water three times;
- Before cooking jam berries must be blanched. To do this, immerse them in hot water and immediately cool it under cold water;
- To avoid cracking their berries, they are pre-filled with sugar syrup and left in it. for 5 hours;
- White sugar is used in making jam, yellow often burns and this will give the jam a bitter taste;
- When jam is fully prepared, grapes will sink to the bottom.
- grapes-1000 grams;
- sugar-1200 grams;
- water- 200 ml.
- Fruits tear, wash, put on a colander;
- Dip in a pan with hot water, cool with cold water;
- Wait until the liquid has drained and put it in the cooking basin;
- In another container, prepare the syrup, pour the fruit over it and set it aside. at eight o'clock;
- Then pour the syrup, boil and pour the berries again. Leave insist for 8 hours;
- Put the pelvis with the jam on a small fire and boil down to the required consistency, removing the foam in the process of boiling;
- Cool in a container and spread on sterile jars.
Keep the jam must be at a temperature from +10 to +15 degrees indoors without sunlight. The basement will be an ideal storage place if there is no high humidity in it.
If properly prepared, jam can be stored. 3 years since cooking.
Jelly from this grape has a beautiful appearance, characteristic aroma and pleasant taste.Grape Jelly
Berries are washed, drained, and spread in a saucepan, topping up with water. Put on a small fire and boil 20 minutes. Putting it off the heat, it is rubbed through a sieve.
Measure the amount of the resulting mass, and fill up the sugar at the rate of: 500 grams of sugar per 1000 milliliters of juice. Bring to a boil and pour into sterile jars. If desired, finishing the preparation, you can add a thickener. Jelly stored for several years in a cool room.
For canning compote using berries of any kind. It is necessary to take:
- grapes- ½ part capacity;
- water-2.5 liters;
- sugar-1 cup;
- lemon acid.
Compote is prepared as follows:
- Wash the berries, sort, and fill a jar with a capacity of 3 liters to half the volume;
- Boil sugar syrup;
- Pour berries into syrup and set aside. 15 minutes;
- Drain syrup into container and boil 2 minutes. After boiling add citric acid;
- Pour syrup into bottles and roll up;
- Tilt the jars upside down, cover with a blanket and wait until they cool down.
How to roll up grape juiceGrape juice
- grapes-10 kg;
- water-3 liters;
- sugar optional.
When making juice, it is preferable to use the following grape varieties:
- Berries to sort, wash, drain the excess water;
- It is necessary to grind the berries, using a meat grinder;
- Rub this mass through a sieve and pour it into the pan;
- Pulp of water pour at the rate of: 500 ml. water 5 kg of pulp;
- Mix the pulp with water, squeeze the juice and pour it into the saucepan with the juice;
- Put the juice on medium heat and boil until bubbles appear. When they first appear, the temperature must be reduced. Total cooking time 20 minutes;
- Remove the juice from the heat and allow it to stand. 2 hours. During this time, the juice will acquire transparency;
- Put the container back on fire and bring to a boil. At this point, add sugar. It is added at the rate of 100 grams per 2 kilograms of grapes. Wait until the sugar dissolves and remove from the fire;
- Juice pour into sterile jars.
Harvest in the form of pickled berriesPickled grapes
Pickled grapes are widely used. It can be used as a snack, season it with salads, serve with cheese.
For pickling we need:
- fresh grapes-500 grams;
- granulated sugar-250 grams;
- white vinegar-165 grams;
- dry white wine-85 grams;
- mustard seeds-1 tsp;
- cinnamon-1 piece;
- salt-1/4 tsp;
- black pepper peas- taste.
For marinating is better to take kishmish or black varieties grapes. The berries are separated from the brush, washed, give to drain.
Sugar, vinegar, wine and spices put in a saucepan, put on the fire and bring to a boil. If you want to get berries with tolerated taste, fill them with hot marinade. If you need whole berries with a delicious aroma, combine the grapes with the marinade in the cooled form.
Berries for making wine must be collected in September. It is necessary to choose the time when there was no rain on the eve of collecting for several days Berry picking on a sunny day. After harvesting the grapes should be picked and laid out in the sun. Wash berries should not be, because on the skin of the berries there are microorganisms that help the fermentation process.
Berries are placed in a plastic or enameled pelvis, no more than ¾ of the volume of the container and crush. Cover the resulting mass with a cloth and leave for 4 days in a dark warm room. Juice should be stirred twice a day. After some time, the pulp will separate from the juice and rise to the surface.
The pulp from the surface of the juice is removed and placed separately. Juice filtered through cheesecloth at least 3 times. This procedure fills the juice with oxygen. Pour juice into glass containers with a long neck.
In a container pour juice no more than 2/3 volume. Leave the filled containers in a dark warm place. It is necessary to install a water lock on the bottle. It is a tube, on the one hand connected to a container, and on the other hand immersed in a jar of water.
If there is no hydraulic seal, you can use a medical glove by making a small hole with a needle in one finger and putting the glove on the container neck.
Room temperature during fermentation should not exceed 27 degrees. If the temperature is below 17 degrees, fermentation stops.
After two days of fermentation, sugar is added to the juice. To do this, 1 liter of juice is drained from the container and 50 grams of sugar is put. If the juice is sour, you can add another 20 grams and pour the juice back into the container. This procedure is done every week.
The wine is carefully poured with a hose, put on the water seal and leave to be good. After that, the wine is left to mature. White wine ripens 45 days, red 60.
Finished wine is poured into bottles, filling them so the top, so that there is no room for air, and close the cork of wood. Store wine at a temperature from +5 to +20 degrees dark, cool room.
VinegarHomemade Grape Vinegar
For the preparation of vinegar suitable grape marc, spoiled berries.
- water filtered;
- We fill the glass container with 2/3 pulp and add water at the rate of: for 800 grams of pulp 1 liter of water;
- Sugar put on each liter of 100 grams;
- Wrap gauze into the mouth of the jar and leave it in a dark, warm room with temperature. 25-29 degrees for two weeks;
- To speed up the fermentation process, stir the juice every day with a wooden spoon to saturate it with oxygen;
- After fermentation, the juice must be drained. To do this, lay it in gauze and squeeze;
- Once again, filter the resulting liquid, pour it into a glass bottle and add sugar — 100 g per 1 liter of liquid;
- Neck banks wrapped with gauze and put on the final fermentation. Fermentation can last from one and a half to two months;
- Then the fermentation stops and the liquid becomes light;
- Drain vinegar and bottle for preservation.
Grapes are a source of many nutrients and vitamins. Performing harvesting of grapes for the winter you can provide yourself an additional source of vitamins.