Grapes Senator, though not so long ago appeared on the market, but has already earned particular popularity. All thanks to the pleasant nutmeg taste, long-term preservation of berries after harvest and during transportation, as well as the beauty of the bunch itself. Grapes like painted. Berries are large, one to one. Who would not like it?
Description of the grape variety Senator
Senator, under optimal growing conditions, begins to bear fruit in the first decade of August. This is subject to a mild climate. With northward, ripening time increases. Despite the fact that this variety belongs to hybrids and has recently appeared on the market, it is very common among gardeners and gardeners.
The Senator variety was obtained by crossing Present Zaporozhye and Maradona with the popular breeder Pavlovsky Ye.G. Period to harvest order 120 days after the appearance of the kidneys. There are also varieties Senator Pavlovsky.
Characteristics of grape berries
The berries themselves are large. Plus, they are not amenable to pea. They are oval-shaped. When mature, they may resemble ripe cherries.The average weight of a variety of berries is 18 grams
Under optimal conditions, the berry can reach mass 18 g. Each grape may have an average of 2-3 seeds. It depends on the weather conditions and the region where the variety is growing.
Advantages and disadvantages
Consider the advantages and disadvantages of the Senator variety in more detail.
- sophisticated nutmeg taste;
- attractive appearance;
- the grade shows high resistance to various diseases;
- ease of care;
- high yield;
- beautiful presentation of berries. Berries one to one, large and beautiful;
- transportation over long distances is possible, provided that the bunches of grapes were not exposed to excessive moisture;
- Senator refers to frost resistant varieties. It can withstand temperatures up to -24 degrees Celsius.
- if weather conditions are excessive humidity, the berries may rot;
- if planting seedlings in the northern areas is planned, it is important to properly prepare for wintering;
- the flesh is not as crunchy as you would like.
It is recommended to plant grapes on a plot that differs. fertility and ease. The soil should be well heated and rich in beneficial trace elements.
Consider planting in stages:
- The best time for planting seedlings will be spring. But it’s better to make a hole in the fall. If landing will be made in the fall, then at least a month before;
- it is recommended to leave a distance between the adjacent pits. 1.5 m;
- If the groundwater is high, it is important to protect the roots from their harmful effects. For this, a high drainage layer is made with expanded clay or crushed stone;
- fertilizer is poured over the drainage, and then fertile soil under the seedling roots;
- directly before planting the seedling itself, it is recommended shorten the roots with the removal of weak and excess shoots;
- the soil near the root is well compacted, and then it is plentifully watered. A few years after the landing of the hybrid, the earth of the root system needs mulch a layer of organic fertilizer. It must be at least 30 mm. It can be dry grass or straw, preventing drying and over-wetting of the site.
Care for a young and mature vine
Caring for grapes is easy. But it is necessary to carry out a certain list of measures in time, allowing the seedling to develop and bear fruit normally. There is a difference between caring for a newly planted and mature plant.
Care of the seedling after planting:
- grumble grapes can be around the trunk of the husk from the seeds, straw or dry grass. This will increase the survival rate of the seedling, insulate it, retain moisture in the soil and prevent the emergence of weeds;
- as soon as the vine reaches 0.3-0.4 m, it is necessary tie up. To do this, the stakes are hammered from several sides and are connected with wire or thick thread so that the bush does not fall. For the normal development of the grapes, two shoots are sufficient;
- watering is recommended at least once a weekbecause the soil layer from the rhizome and to the surface is quite thin;
- it is important to trim the extra stepchildren immediately so that they do not inhibit the growth of the main shoot;
- fertilize the soil need as needed. If it is fertile, then the initial fertilizer complex when planting in the first year of life will be quite enough;
- during the whole grape growth, the senator is recommended to spray it with special means of the most common diseases and pests. It is better to prevent the disease than to treat it in consequence;
- It is recommended to make minting of young tips of escape with young foliage by no more than 20-30 cm. The best time for this would be the end of August and the beginning of September;
- so that the seedling successfully survived the winter, it is covered with a plastic bucket and added dropwise with 0.1 m of earth.
Care of the seedling after receiving the first harvest and until maturity:
- for a start, it is important to correctly form the fruit link. Removed all the kidneys, except for the top three. In fact, you only need two, but the third is a spare. The lower bud should go out from the bush. It will allow to form a fruit unit in the next year. Whereas the top is in the current;
- all shoots that appear in the summer must periodically tie up;
- excess shoots and buds are removed;
- time to produce cradle;
- produced before flowering toppingwhose main goal is to create optimal conditions for the development of the bunch during flowering;
- immediately before flowering, the grapes are processed for additional nutrition of the vine and as preventive measures against the appearance of diseases;
- under the normalization of the bunch, the removal of excess units is assumed so that there are two clusters per escape.
Grape processing after harvest:
- before the onset of winter, it is important to treat the grapes from the appearance of diseases and pests;
- feed the bushes best by spraying;
- It is important to keep the soil moist.
Before winter, grapes should be prepared:
- trim old perennial shoots, leaving new ripened vines;
- if it is young saplings, or there is such an opportunity, grapes taking cover box.
It is easy to care for grapes, if you do it in a timely manner, then a good harvest is guaranteed.
There are several ways to grow grapes: cuttings, layering and vaccinations. The first method is considered the most common and lightweight. Whereas in the second case, you will have to tinker, but the seedlings will be stronger and more tenacious.
Diseases and pests
Although the Senator’s grape is a very disease-resistant plant, it is important to produce some preventive actions:
- spraying vines with specialized means;
- removal of infected branches and foliage;
- cleaning dry leaves around the bush;
- to improve weed control.
The Senator grape variety is very popular today, so the issue of its landing and proper care later deserves special attention. There is nothing difficult. Also, a grape variety can be called Senator Burdak. A couple of simple, timely operations and a good harvest on the table. The main thing is to follow all the recommendations of our article.