Growing cucumbers without watering is impossible. Moisture-saturated plants - daily hard work. Relieve care when growing healthy vegetables will help home-made design of plastic bottles for the implementation of drip irrigation of cucumbers, which can be made by hand.
Drip irrigation - the organization of timely irrigation of plants using storage tanks and water. Simple, effective way to feed moisture directly to each sprout. Water easily passes the top layer of soil, filling the roots with life-giving moisture.
Experienced gardeners know firsthand that a good harvest depends on the quantity and quality of timely irrigation. Cucumbers require warm water in large volumes. Drip irrigation will be a great helper throughout the season of ripening vegetables.
Overflow threatens the development of fungal diseases. Drip system - an alternative solution. Specialty stores sell a variety of prefabricated irrigation systems. They take time to install. Pricing policy is not everyone likes.
Install drip irrigation personally, using plastic bottles - no-cost solution. Using the materials at hand, it is easy to make a similar system for everyone.
Advantages and disadvantages of a bottle watering system
Make sure the need for such an installation on your site will help all gathered gardeners "for" and "against."
First, the advantages of the bottle system:
- tangible water saving (watering can or hose use more);
- autonomous work systems (you can safely leave a bed for several days without supervision);
- universality: the possibility of use does not depend on the type of soil, the method of growing vegetables (greenhouse, vegetable garden);
- material availability;
- ease of installation and maintenance;
- targeted pinpoint moisture;
- the absence of hardened earthy crust around the plant;
- reduced need to loosen the soil around the bush;
- slow evaporation of moisture (only on hot days you will have to observe the condition of the plants: do they need additional watering);
- saving money;
- relief of human labor;
- the top layer of soil is not washed away;
- roots get warm liquid (manages to warm up under the rays of the sun);
- simplification of feeding (for seedlings only).
Weeds in this area rarely grow.
Now let's talk about the disadvantages:
- frequent clogging of holes;
- the inability to apply such a system on a large plot: a lot of packaging is required, the garden does not look aesthetically pleasing;
- limited volume liquids;
- difficult to use on heavy soils (bottles, clogging often come into disrepair);
- on hot days, the plants get little moisture from such a supply.
For cucumbers and tomatoes drip irrigation using bottles will not replace the full: Depending on the weather, the sprouts will need additional moisture.
Description of drip irrigation of cucumbers and tomatoes
Such a system of life support of vegetables is entirely justified. With its help it is easier to achieve a good crop of cucumbers or tomatoes. There are many ways to install this design. Consider some of them.
Universal option. Common among summer residents. Suitable for greenhouses and open areas.System of bottles lid up
- Measure from the bottom of 3 cm. Shilom, Gypsy needle (that there is in the house) puncture holes along to where the constriction begins. The number of holes depends on the type of soil, the volume of the container. On average - 10.
- Make a hole near the bush so that the dishes fit on the neck (the tapered tapering part should protrude above the ground).
- Wrap the bottle with a cloth, put it in the hole, fill it with water, close with a native cap.
Cut off the bottom completely. Screw the lid on until it stops, pierce in a circle. Bury dishes near the stem without injuring the roots. Wrap a gauze to protect from debris.
To pick up flasks of small volume - 1.5 liters. Pierce the cover with a hot needle. Place nylon fabric between cap and neck, screw tight. If this system is planned in advance, first drop the bottle halfway into the ground, cut the bottom up. Fall asleep seeds, fill the container.Special nozzles for radical watering
Seedlings planted - it does not matter. The flask can be placed at a slight angle, pushing the neck closer to the roots. Cut the bottom, respectively, also make, maintaining a certain angle (more fit liquid).
A more costly option - screw up instead of caps. special nozzles (sold in garden centers). It is convenient to stick them near the root. Minus - a strong wind is able to turn a similar design.
Another method of radical moistening requires cocktail tubes, juice. Put the container between the two stems. From it the necessary length to the root is measured. One end of the tube enters the tank. On the other is put a stub. From the bottom of the seedlings into the tube pierce the liquid to flow to the right place.
For a small bed of cucumbers suitable suspension version. Along the row to make the frame of the timber and wire. Bottles pierce through holes from two sides. Thread the splits. To fasten to a wire over seedling. Pierce the bottom.
Uniform moisture intake adjust the required number of punctures. Make sure no drops fall on the leaves. Otherwise a burn is guaranteed.Scheme suspended irrigation system
How to organize a system of plastic bottles in the country or in the greenhouse
The experience of summer residents shows that a liter bottle feeds cucumbers with tomatoes. 5 days, three-liter - 10, 6th - 15.
Provided that there is accurate knowledge of the predominant type of soil. From it is the estimated number of holes, the size of the container is selected. It remains to choose the appropriate installation option drip irrigation. Prepare tools, materials, dishes. Allocate time, set and enjoy the work done.
There are no boundaries for perfection. Having highlighted the day for the installation of such a design, you really won't have to think up your own version and do not have to water the planting with your hands. The garden will thank you for your efforts with a generous harvest.