Every gardener dreams of a variety that will tolerate drought and frost, and at the same time give high yields. It is this variety that the Klebosolny tomato variety is, the description and characteristics of which are given in this review.
Description and characteristics of tomato variety Klebosolny
This variety was bred by Siberia breeders. He survives perfectly in all weather conditions. Belongs to varieties of average aging. Aging period 115-120 days. The bush in height grows up to 1 meter in an open ground. In the greenhouse, the height of the bush reaches 2.5 - 3 meters.Mid-season tomato variety Kholosolny
Shrubs wide, sprawling. The fruits are large, round shape, grow with brushes. Fruit weight ranges from 550 to 900 grams. The color of the fruit from light pink at the beginning of ripening to bright red in the mature stage. The pulp is dense, juicy, with a small amount of seeds, the taste is rich and sweet. Used raw in salads and for processing into juice.
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages of this variety are:
- resistance to lowering the temperature;
- high percent seed germination;
- the good yield;
- stable fruiting;
- resilience to diseases;
- simplicity in the care;
- great taste qualities;
- large the size;
- growing opportunity in open beds and greenhouses;
- the good transportability;
- a great marketable condition;
- duration storage;
- small gestation period.
The disadvantages of this class include:
- sprawling bush, requires support and tying;
- canned in general, it is not possible due to the large size of the fruit.
Seed preparation and planting
Before planting seeds, you must first prepare:
- With saline select suitable for planting seeds. Immerse the seeds in the salt solution for 10 minutes. Splash seeds are thrown away. Down on the bottom, rinse under running water;
- To prevent diseases disinfect seeds 1% solution of manganese;
- We process growth stimulant;
- Wrapping seeds with a napkin and put in the fridge for 24 hours (quenched);
- We warm up 5 hours at a temperature of 20 degrees.
For sowing seeds it is necessary to prepare the soil:
- Mixing garden soil, river sand, peat in equal proportions;
- To normalize acidity add 200 grams of ash;
- We bring pulverized mullein;
- Watering ready soil strong solution of manganese.
We fill the prepared soil in wooden boxes, level it and make grooves with a depth of 1 cm. Lay the seeds into the grooves at a distance of 2 cm from each other. Sprinkle with earth, gently pour and cover with polyethylene. We take out to the dark room with a temperature of +25 degrees.
After 5 days, after the sprouts appear, we remove the polyethylene and transfer the container with the seedlings to a room with good lighting. The temperature in the room is reduced to 14-15 degrees. Watering should be abundant, but not frequent. For irrigation it is better to use a spray. After two leaves appear on the seedlings, they must be transplanted into separate 1-liter pots.For the correct development of tomato seedlings after the appearance of two leaves, you must dive sprouts
Transplanted should be extremely careful not to damage the still weak root system. This should be done with a lump of earth from the former place of growth.Every two weeks, seedlings should be fertilized with a solution of ash, diluted in the following proportions:
- ash - 200 grams;
- water - 10 liters.
A week before planting seedlings need to harden. The first two days in a room with seedlings need to open a window for 2-3 hours. After two days, you can take out containers with seedlings on a light day outside. Two days before planting in open ground, leave the seedlings in the open air overnight.10 - 14 days before the disembarkation of tomato seedlings from the village of Khlebosolny in open ground hardening should begin
Planting seedlings in open ground
In the open ground seedlings planted in the last days of May. If the variety is planned to be grown in a greenhouse, then the landing is carried out in early May. Planted this variety at a distance of 30-40 cm from each other. In the oblong hole spread sapling under the slope and sprinkled with earth.To plant tomato seedlings to early morning or evening
This method of planting promotes the development of a powerful root system. Saplings are watered from a watering can and mulch with sawdust or humus. The next watering should be done as the soil dries. After watering, it is necessary to loosen so that a crust does not form on the surface.
Hilling is recommended during flowering and fruit ripening. Top dressing is desirable to make different, in accordance with the stage of growth:
- during flowering it is necessary to fertilize the root zone with ashes;
- at the stage of formation of the fruit mix 1 gram of soda and boric acid with 1 liter of water;
- in the process of growth can be fertilized with a solution of fermented mullein.
The formation of a bush depends on the place of growth. If a bush grows in an open, well-lit garden, it is formed into two trunks. If the bush grows in a shaded area, or it is recommended to form it in greenhouses in one stem. Such bushes require support and garters.When growing tomato, Khlebosolny in greenhouses or greenhouses, bushes need to be tied
Diseases and pests
Gardeners prefer this variety for high resistance to late blight. but Breadful variety can be affected by root and apical rot. In order to prevent the need to perform weeding, mulch straw bushes, disinfect with manganese. In addition, this variety may be affected by these pests:
- Colorado beetle;
- spider mite;
- Hothouse whitefly.
- Symptoms of Tomato Vertex Rot
- Greenhouse whitefly
- Spider mite
- Colorado beetle
To combat aphids, you can use a solution of household soap. The solution must wash the leaves. Other pests can be controlled by spraying Fitosporin. Spraying carried out in the early morning or evening.
Harvesting and storage
Harvesting is carried out in 115-120 days after planting. As a rule, up to 20 kilograms of tomatoes are harvested from one bush. When laying tomatoes for long-term storage, it is necessary to consider some features:
- harvest better in the afternoon, on the fruits by this time there will be no dew;
- storage should be dark;
- storage temperature should be + 5-10 degrees. Humidity - 82%;
- tomatoes are needed to sort out to postpone the fruit with signs of damage;
- tomatoes stacked in wooden or plastic boxesby shifting each layer of paper. Instead of paper, you can use dry sawdust;
- in each box should be not more than three layers;
- once a week check every layerth and throw away the spoiled fruit.
From the fruits of this variety it turns out delicious juice, ketchup, pasta. Excellent aroma and excellent taste are indispensable in the preparation of salads and snacks.
Tomatoes Breadfuls are simple and unpretentious in cultivation. Even newbies can grow this variety. With simple recommendations, it is not difficult to get a high yield.