In our country you will not meet the dacha, wherever cucumbers are grown. They can grow in polycarbonate greenhouses, greenhouses, barrels and in the open field. If the goal is set - to collect a generous harvest, you need to understand all the intricacies of caring for this popular crop and know if you need to tie it up and in which mode to water.
Necessary care for cucumbers during growth and fruiting
After the emergence of shoots, there comes a crucial moment in the care of vegetables, so that they will delight for a long time with their crunchy greens.
It is not difficult to care for cucumbers with your own hands - you need to follow simple rules.
Rules for the proper irrigation of cucumbers in the greenhouse and open field
In order that the plant does not hurt and the cucumber bush gives a rich and tasty harvest, it is necessary to observe three main irrigation rules:
The plant has a root system, which is located shallow from the surface of the earth and when watering water quickly penetrates deep into the ground. Roots with insufficient watering does not receive the moisture that the cucumber bush needs so much for full growth, flowering and fruiting.
Also, cucumbers have large leaves that play a large role in the evaporation of moisture. As a result, the plant is watered often using sprinkling method.Young seedlings can be watered only around the bush.
- During the rainy season, cucumbers growing on open beds, during growth, during the formation of lashes and during the formation of inflorescences can not be irrigated at all.
- In hot and dry weather, cucumbers are watered. daily, as the upper layer dries. For good soil saturation with water, per square meter is used up to 15 liters of water.
- In the period of budding, watering produce: in sunny weather twice a dayin cloudy weather, twice a week. Adult Shrub needs 15 liters on apt. meter, and with new greens - 25 liters.
- During fruiting, a large amount of water is necessary for the full development of the fruit (the taste and quality of cucumbers depend on it).
The rate and regularity of irrigation is determined by the degree of enrichment of soil with moisture. With sufficient watering, water is not absorbed into the soil and remains on the ground.
It is impossible to allow drying and strong waterlogging of the soil. The first sign of a lack of water is wilting of the foliage, and an overabundance of moisture can lead to rotting of the roots.
The best time for watering is morning or after sunsetwhen the sun's rays are still or already inactive. After each watering spend soil loosening between the rows so that the moisture is kept longer and does not form an earthen room.Watering cucumbers in the open field is different from watering in a greenhouse
Watering cucumbers grown outdoors, is significantly different from watering greenhouse cucumbers. Here it is necessary take into account humidity and keep temperature. When the temperature falls below 15 degrees, watering is not carried out, since at low temperatures the root system does not absorb water well, which can lead to plant disease.
If during the day, the temperature is kept at 25 degrees, the bushes are watered not under the root, but around the plant, while increasing - use sprinkling method. This method is used exclusively in the morning.
By the end of the summer period, watering is reduced, since excessive moisture in cold soil can cause root rot.
Weeding and loosening the beds
Since cucumbers have primary roots close to the surface, weeding and loosening are done very carefully.
Loosening procedure must be carried out after each wateringby carefully moving the lash away. In the first month, young shoots are loosened daily, to a depth of 4 cm, then this procedure is carried out every 7 days. Hilling is carried out several times per season to build up young lateral roots.
Weeding bushes must be carried out as weed germinatesbecause weeds carry with them various diseases that can cause irreparable damage to the cucumber vine.
In order to stop the growth of weeds and retain moisture in the soil, you can hold mulching: mowed grass, sawdust or straw.
Ways of garter in the ground and the greenhouse from polycarbonate
Proper garter plants solves several serious problems:
- Saves space
- Prevents the occurrence of diseases arising from contact of the fruit with the ground
- Facilitates harvesting
It is necessary to carry out the procedure of a garter when the plant has formed 4-5 leaflets and has reached a height of 30 cm. Late garter carries a great risk of damage to the crop.
- Garter on the finished mesh
- On self-made trellis
There are two ways to garter:
Special nets are ideal for tying. The mesh is tensioned on a trellis or support, and cucumbers begin to curl over it themselves. In a greenhouse, cucumbers are tied up with a string to horizontal yards. You can also snap to arcs or make a support yourself.
The right feeding during flowering
All vegetables for good growth need proper and timely feeding, cucumbers are no exception. Every gardener should know when, how and how to fertilize cucumbers during flowering.
During the flowering period, the cucumber bush must be fed. Cucumber fertilize phosphate-potassium and nitrogenous fertilizers. Nitrogen and potassium provide active growth and foliage formation, and phosphorus increases flowering.
Plant nutrition improves fructification and increases productivityand also protects the plant from all sorts of diseases.
In order to achieve permanent fruiting, you must follow three rules:
- Cucumbers are better not to feed than to feed
- Before fertilizing, the plant is carefully shed.
- Top dressing is administered every 14 days.
Top dressing during flowering Cucumber can produce:
- Under the root
- Foliar nutrition (foliar spraying nutrient solution)
- Dry dusting
- Top dressing organic. Solution mullein diluted with water 1:10 and add 1 cup ashes. Consumption - a liter of 4 bushes.
- From the moment of flowering, if the soil has received a dose of good fertilizer, cucumbers are fed with wood ash. To do this, 2.5 cups of ash is poured with 10 liters of water, and left to stand for 24 hours. The resulting solution is carried out root dressing
- Sifted ash pollinate foliage. Cucumbers will receive phosphate fertilizer and prevention from powdery mildew.
- Foliar top dressing. 500 grams of ash mixed with 10 liters of water. Ash eliminates potassium deficiency.
- Foliar top dressing boric acid. On a bucket of water - ¼ spoon of acid.
- In the absence of time to produce natural dressings, you can purchase ready complex fertilizers. On a bucket of water you need to take 1 tsp. potassium sulfate, urea and superphosphate.
Although care and it seems too difficult, but the time and effort expended will not be in vain. The cucumbers in the near future will be pleased with friendly fruiting and crispy greens.