Makhitos hybrid tomato variety has gained immense popularity among gardeners for its excellent taste, endurance in any habitat in all climatic zones, unpretentiousness and high resistance to disease. This variety was bred by Dutch breeders for growing in a greenhouse.
Characteristics and description of tomato variety Mahitos F1
This tomato is a hybrid variety. average maturity. According to the characteristic has a strong root and leaf system, strong stalk. In height reaches up to 200 centimeters.
Fruits have a slightly flattened shape, smooth, elastic. The color of the fruit is bright red. Each tomato weighs according to the description from 200 to 250 grams. The yield is 3.5 kilograms per 1 square. meter.
Advantages and disadvantages
This variety has the following advantages:
- pleasant sweetish taste;
- high yield;
- possibility of harvesting twice;
- good adaptation to any climatic conditions;
- tolerates lower temperatures and low amounts of moisture.
- high degree of resistance to diseases;
- good transportability;
- does not crack;
- excellent presentation;
- long storage time fresh;
- universal application;
- recovers quickly and easily after stress;
- Fruits contain lycopene, an antioxidant that is able to protect the body from the onset and development of malignant tumors.
- poor transportation of overripe fruit;
- with the wrong germination will not be good germination;
- the color is not monophonic, with green spots;
- if temperature is not observed, the peduncles fall off.
Features of planting and growing
Before sowing seeds it is necessary to prepare the soil. For this we need:
- garden land;
- river sand;
We carefully mix the prepared soil and pour it well with a strong solution of manganese, heat it on the stove. We put the prepared soil in wooden boxes and sow the seeds into the grooves 1 cm deep at a distance of 3 centimeters between the seeds.
Aisle should be not less than 10 centimeters. Fill the grooves evenly with earth, water. Top boxes close glass or film and put for 5 days in a warm room. The room temperature should be not below +24 degrees.Makhitos seeds - Dutch origin
Before the emergence of shoots every day must be done airing crops. To do this, you need to remove the film for 30 minutes, and if the soil is dry, you need to moisten it. After seed germination, the film must be removed and the temperature in the room should be reduced to +20 degrees.
Be sure to carry out during this period lighting control. If the daylight hours are less than 12 hours, it is necessary to install an additional backlight. Watering should be regular. If there are 2 leaves on the seedlings, you should plant them in separate pots.
Planting seedlings in the greenhouse
The distance between the seedlings in the row should be 35-40 centimeters. Row spacing not less than 1 meter. The land in the greenhouse must be preheated to +18 degrees.
For the full development of trunks and a good harvest, you must adhere to these recommendations:
- Need to form a bush from two trunks.
- Watering should be moderate. Abundant watering will lead to the fact that the bush will grow large, and the fruits will be small.
- If the temperature in the greenhouse has decreased, watering should be reduced or temporarily stopped.
- The first dressing should be done after the formation of the third brush.
- Do not use mineral fertilizers frequently. This will increase the ripening time of the fruit.
- You need to tie up at the initial stage of growth.
- Cut the leaves should be in hot weather. This will help reduce the evaporation of moisture. Only remove sheets that shade the fruit.
- Sure to regular stewling.
- In order for the color of the fruit to be uniform and saturated, it is necessary to perform potassium-magnesium supplements. Potassium contributes to the uniformity of staining, and magnesium - accelerates staining.
Diseases and pests
This variety has increased stability to the following diseases:
- tobacco mosaic;
On average, from the time of first germination to fruit ripening takes place 90-100 days. First harvest begins in late August. The fruits of tomato in this period are medium in size, weighing 170-180 grams.
In early September ripening begins, or as gardeners say - a second turn. During this period, the yield is very high and tomatoes ripen almost all at the same time. It is very convenient for processing or supply in bulk sale.Harvesting is done in late August and early September.
Secrets of maximum fruiting
In order to achieve maximum fructification it is necessary:
- For planting tomatoes in the greenhouse use the soil on which was previously grown cabbage, peas, onions, soybeans.
- Humidity of soil and air should be balanced. Tomatoes will grow well in humid air and dry soil. After the formation of the third brush, watering should be abundant.
- During the period of fruit set, the soil should be fed with potash and phosphate fertilizers. This will accelerate the ripening of the fruit and provide a uniform color.
- Particular attention should be paid to the bush - remove stepchildren and tie stalks to support.
The fruits of the first turnover is best eaten. fresh or in salad. These fruits have a slightly sour taste. Fruits of the second round are best used. for canning or juicing, pastes or various types of sauces, as they do not lose their properties during heat treatment.
Given the simplicity, minimal susceptibility to disease and survival in any conditions, Makhitos variety undoubtedly deserves the attention of gardeners. Follow all recommendations and get a rich harvest.