Cucumber Palchik - a relatively new variety, launched at the Volgograd experimental station them. Vavilova. This variety is good in that it can be grown both indoors and outdoors.
Description and characteristic of a grade Boy with a finger F1
The finger belongs to bee-pollinating and early ripening varieties of cucumbers. Technical ripeness of the fruits comes for 40-50 days after the first shoots.
The variety according to the description has a small, elongated Zelentsy cylindrical shape, dark green color. The surface of the fruit is covered with rare and large tuberosity.
The flesh is tender and juicy with a pronounced aroma and crunch. The average length of the fetus is 11 cm, and weight - 117 grams.The average length of the cucumber fruit Boy with a finger - 11 cm
Advantages and disadvantages
The advantages include:
- High yield per square meter meter can be collected up to 7 kg of fruits
- Excellent taste
- Duration of fruiting
- The variety is resistant to dangerous disease - powdery mildew
Cucumber Palchik practically devoid of flaws.
Soil requirements and seed sowing rules
- Finger cucumbers can be grown both seedling and directly to the ground.
- Cucumbers are planted in a permanent place only after the soil is heated. Before planting seeds, they must be heated and soaked for a while in a weak solution of potassium permanganate.
- The soil for cucumbers should be fertilized with organic fertilizers without stagnant moisture phenomena.
- Prepared seeds deepened to a depth of 2-3 cm, when warming the soil by 15 degrees.
- Finger cucumbers prefer air- and moisture-proof soil.
- Optimum landing pattern - 50x30 cm.
The beds for cucumbers must be prepared in the fall. To do this, make manure into the soil, at the rate of 1 bucket per square meter. meter or mineral fertilizers (potassium, superphosphate, wood ash). In the spring before planting, the ground should be carefully loosened.
Planting seeds on seedlings
The way of planting seeds of the Finger variety is no different from the planting of other varieties:
- Seed planted in nutrient soil, to a depth 1 cm.
- Spout seeds should be directed strictly upward at an angle of 45 degrees.
- For quick germination, the seeds need to create a comfortable environment, for this you can make a micro-pot or cover the ground with a damp newspaper (the paper should not dry out).
- Maintain temperature regime - 20-25 degrees.
- After the emergence of seedlings greenhouse or newspaper clean
- Care for seedlings is not difficult. It consists in timely watering, good lighting and observance of air humidity.
- As soon as the spring frosts have ended, and the earth has warmed up, the seedlings can be planted in a permanent place.
- The best time for central Russia is considered last numbers of may.
Since the variety is considered tall, strongly-scattered and medium-haired, caring for it is a bit complicated:
- For cucumbers you need to install vertical trellis. When reaching the height of the tapestry, it is necessary to pinch the main cucumber lash.
- The optimum temperature for good fruiting - 23-25 degrees.
- Watering plants produce warm water. The most intensive watering is carried out in hot weather, when flowering and the formation of greens.
- In order that the moisture does not evaporate quickly, the roots need to be mulched with mowed grass or straw, this will keep the soil moist and will not allow the weeds to grow.
- Permanent loosening the soil and removing weeds.
- In the first 14 days after germination or transplanting seedlings, the plant needs nitrogen fertilizer to feed. In the period of rapid flowering cucumbers need phosphate bait.
- High efficiency is given by foliar dressing, especially when the weather changes.
- With poor fruit formation, the plant must be fertilized with mullein, urea, or humus.
- Wrong airing of beds
- Excessive watering or lack of moisture
- Improper formation of the bush
- Planting adult seedlings
- Permanent planting cucumbers in the same place
- Unprepared, poor soil
- Untimely dressing
- Failure of landing pattern
Disease and Prevention
But, like any variety, Palchik is not immune from the attack of pests and from the defeat of many diseases. In order for this not to happen, it is necessary to observe preventive measures:
- To grow a strong and healthy plant, should be planted disinfected and prepared seeds.
- Planting seeds produced in warm soil. The temperature at a depth of 10 cm should be at least 15 degrees.
- It is necessary to carry out timely weeding of plants, since weeds are carriers of infections.
- Do not forget about crop rotation. Annual landing at the same place can cause a number of serious diseases.
- An important rule is the correct application of fertilizers and timely disinfection of the soil.
Timely prevention will significantly save time and money on the treatment of the plant.
Harvesting and storage
- The collection of cucumbers varieties Fingers, you need to carry out when the fruits reach 11 cm. During mass fruiting, cucumbers are harvested at least two days later. With frequent harvesting, more and more new fruits will appear.
- Pick cucumbers better in the morning or evening hours. Fruits remove carefully, leaving the stalk on the scourge.
- Harvested cucumbers cleaned in the shade or in a cool place.
- You can preserve the crunch, aroma and taste of cucumbers, in a preserved form, since fresh cucumbers are stored for a long time.
Freshness of cucumbers can be saved in several ways:
- Wrap in polyethylene - keep for five days
- Lubricate the fruit egg white and let them dry
- Immersed in a pan with water cut down, with the water you need to change every second day
How nice to feast on crispy cucumbers on a cold winter day, open a jar for the New Year or for a family holiday. Complying with all the recommendations for care, and observing all the rules of cultivation - it will be available even to the novice gardener.