For a small plot of land, puck cucumbers can be called a find, they take up little space.Hybrids genetically laid the possibility of forming from three to nine ovaries from each node. Due to this, the crop is increased several times. Every year, bunched cucumbers for open ground are becoming increasingly popular. We will talk about how to grow this type of cucumber in this review.
Description of beam cucumbers
Bundled cucumbers belong to the pumpkin family. This is an annual plant with a stem up to 2 m. The type of fruiting, called bundle or bouquet, resembles a mini-banana brush. The fruits are small - gherkins or pickles. Hybrids of the type of pollination can be parthenocarpic and bee-pollinated. Almost do not form barren flowers. Very light-requiring.Ovary tuft cucumbers
Divided by type of branching into:
- Strong. The most fruitful, but time-consuming in the care. It has a long growing season;
- The average. The yield is slightly lower due to the shorter period of fruiting;
- Weak. Almost do not form lateral processes, do not need pinching. The growing season is short, the yield is slightly lower than the previous types. Do not require painstaking care.
The best varieties for open ground
Seeds of bundle cucumbers are more expensive than seeds of classical species. But, from 5 seeds of standard packaging 5 bushes will turn out, which will provide fruit harvest of about 45-50 kg during the growing season.
According to reviews, the following varieties are popular with gardeners:
Prestige F1Cucumbers Prestige F1
Domestic variety breeding company Zedek. Medium early, with the onset of fruiting after 43-45 days. Medium-type branching, parthenocarpic, self-pollinated. Included in the State Register of Plants of the Russian Federation in 2007. Created for central Russia.
In node 3-4 ovary. Productivity 25 kg per 1 m2. Fruits are green with whitish stripes, large-tubercle with spikes. The taste is juicy, the pulp is not bitter, almost without seeds.
Long fruiting until frost. Purpose salad, suitable for blanks.
Beam Splendor F1Cucumber Beam Splendor F1
Bred in the Urals. Early ripe, parthenocarpic. Medium - branched. Its dignity consists in tolerance in temperature drops, many diseases, pests. Suitable for the northern climate of the Russian Federation. In one node from 3 to 7 ovaries. Prolonged fruiting until frost. Productivity is high, one bush gives up to 400 fruits with proper care.
Planting scheme - 2 bushes per 1 m2. It is better to form the plant in one stem, then the setting of cucumber bouquets takes place on the main whip. It will not waste energy on the growth of lateral processes.
The green stems are cylindrical, medium - lumpy. The color is light green with whitish stripes and spikes. Variety universal for use.
Ging F1Cucumbers Ginga F1
Launched in Germany. Mid-season, self-pollinating. Vegetation lasts 45-50 days. Shrubs are medium branchy. Zelentsy of the average sizes of 10-11 cm, brightly green, with whitish strips, small-tuberous. Taste without bitterness. Fruits without voids. Productivity 4-6 kg per 1 m2. Well resists cucumber mosaic, powdery mildew.
F1 AlligatorCucumber Alligator F1
An interesting variety in appearance. Medium early, from germination to maturity 45-53 days. Bee pollinated. Shrubs strongly barbed, with 1-3 ovaries in the sinuses. Fruits are dark green, long up to 40 cm, pimples are prickly. Fruit weight up to 300 g. Yield 15 kg per m2. The flesh is very tender, without bitterness. Salad cucumbers. Benefits include resistance to disease and rot.
Okhotny F1 seriesCucumbers Okhotny F1 Series
Partenocarpic hybrid. Early ripe, 40 days before the appearance of the ovaries. Medium-branched shrub with 6 ovaries in the leaf axils. Prolonged fruiting. Recommended rassadny method of growing. Stems of a cylindrical shape with spikes. Tastes pleasant. Variety universal purpose.
The disadvantage is that the plant is not completely resistant to penosporosis - downy mildew; therefore, preventive measures are necessary.
In addition, there are such common varieties of bouquet cucumbers, as Blizzard F1, Yamal F1, Champion F1, Zyatek F1, Boy with a finger of F1, Bouquet F1, Masha F1, Captain F1. It is necessary to note the new early ripe variety Siberian garland F1, resistant to low temperatures, tolerates partial shade.
- Yamal F1
- Masha F1
- The boy with a finger F1
- F1 blizzard
- F1 bouquet
- Zyatek F1
Selection work on varieties of beam hybrids do not stand still. More recently, a variety of gherkins has been bred with slower growth, that is, the fruits do not outgrow, up to 12 ovaries are formed in one bundle.
All varieties grow well in open beds, without greenhouses.
Features and rules of cultivation: cucumber ovary and fruiting
The cultivation of bundle cucumbers in the open field is similar to the cultivation of ordinary varieties, but some nuances are present.Crop Cucumber Harvest
If the plant is weak and is not able to provide a large number of nutrients ovaries, they begin to dry up, fall off. To avoid such a situation, we follow the following rules:
- One week before landing we bring 10-15 kg of compost to the ready ridge and 30-40 g of complex mineral fertilizers per 1 m2. We dig.
- One day before transplanting the bed is well spilled. We land at a soil temperature of +10 degrees at a depth of 10 cm.
- We disinfect each well. liter of warm pink potassium permanganate solution.
- Seedlings are planted in a row after 40-50 cm, because all bunched cucumbers do not like crowding. We mulch humus.
- Install the trellisbetter with mesh. We form a bush in time and pinch the lateral branches for the appearance of ovaries.
- We form in a special way. Remove all the flowers and processes in the axils of the lower 4 leaves. You can not touch the 2 side shoots with ovaries, pinching them. We pursue the task - to achieve maximum harvest from the main stem.
- Pour warm water, preventing the drying of the soil. After watering produce shallow loosening.
- The root system of cucumbers does not like a high concentration of salts, complex fertilizers are applied in small doses, but more often - once a week, 15 g per 1 m2. Organic supplements are shown 2 times a month with a solution of bird droppings or manure.
- Periodically we carry out foliar top dressing for better flowering and fruit formation.
- We pick cucumbers often, maximum every other day. We cut off the whip we conduct foliar spraying with urea, fruits grow on new shoots.
The number of ovaries depends on the growing conditions. Illiterate agrotechnical care gives less result.
Factors negatively affecting the ovary:
- excess nitrogen;
- irregular watering;
- flaw solar lighting or its excess.
Main advantages and disadvantages
Bundle cucumbers have many undoubted advantages:
- Stable, high yield without the formation of "overgrown". The average yield is 10 kg per bush.
- Bulk maturation.
- Compact size for canning.
- Sustained immunity to diseases.
- Tolerance to temperature drops.
- Early ripeness. The appearance of the first cucumbers in 38-40 days, even after 35, depending on the climatic conditions.
- Ideal taste qualities and universality of use, well kept.
Conditional disadvantages include the need for frequent fruit picking for the full maturation of new. This inconvenience will affect mainly summer residents who are not able to visit the site on a daily basis. They need to pay attention to varieties that are less demanding to care.
Beam cucumbers for open ground are modern hybrids that incorporate the best qualities of this vegetable crop. They are unpretentious in care, but their cultivation involves the observance of agricultural techniques. A variety of varieties on the seed market will allow you to choose varieties that are right for you.